Technical Sales Engineer [f|m|d] - Germany-Remote
Dreieich, Germany /
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in integration, databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with relational and large-scale analytics database technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with connectivity technology, ODBC, Spark, JSON, etc.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS and/or Azure Services
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS software
- Be a technical guide on all aspects of Actian
- Collaborate with the Sales team to find and close new business opportunities
- Provide strategic pre-sales support for sales activities including needs analysis, technology review, requirements definition, and scoping
- Create and deliver world-class product presentations and demonstrations to meet prospect, customer, or internal needs
- Work with customers on proof-of-concept projects in a competitive environment
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Actian in relation to them
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Actian’s products and marketing.
- Researching companies and prospects to identify business issues and needs, and providing results of that research to customers to support our recommendations
- Become an expert in our products’ features, benefits, presentations, and application to customer needs
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects with the goal of facilitating sales
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships, and follow-up on opportunities
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Other related duties as assigned
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Attractive career and training opportunities
- Appreciation, trust and respect on all levels
- A success-oriented compensation / fixed salary plus bonus
- Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working hours
- State of the art work equipment
- Work & travel in an international environment
- Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
This position is not tied to any work location in Germany/Europe, but proximity to an international airport is an advantage. Mobile working is state of the art at Actian in such a position and we trust your self-organization in the home office.
If you are interested, please send us your resume/CV. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video calls.
All qualified applicants have the same chance at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin colour, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
In order to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during the interview process.