Partner Sales Engineer UK [gn]
UK - Remote /
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity as we shape this market.
We are looking for a Partner Sales Engineer with a proven track record in partnering to sell integration, analytics, and data management solutions. The candidate utilizes analytical database, BI/Analytics and integration skill sets to partner with Partner Account Managers and function as the key technical point of contact for partner software deals, providing pre-sales support contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers.
A significant portion of the Partner Sales Engineer role includes supporting partner Proof-of-Concepts. This includes working with the customers and partners to gain an understanding of their business and its needs, mapping our offerings to those needs, and providing competitive analysis that assists with the successful positioning of our offerings. Co-development of partner solutions is a significant portion of the role as well and includes requirements analysis, architectural design and implementation.
The Partner SE will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Actian’s solution. The customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences. And the technical skills to provide consultative assistance on architecture and trusted technical advisor.
- Be a technical guide on all aspects of Actian
- Collaborate with Partner Account Managers to identify, enable and support new strategic partners
- Provide pre-sales support for sales activities including requirements, enablement, support, and guiding Partner PoCs
- Create and deliver world-class product presentations and demonstrations to meet prospect, customer, partner or internal needs
- Work with customers and partners on proof-of-concept projects in a competitive environment
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Actian in relation to them
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Actian’s products and marketing.
- Researching companies and prospects to identify business issues and needs, and providing results of that research to customers to support our recommendations
- Become an expert in our products’ features, benefits, presentations, and application to customer needs
- Provide proactive support to customers and partners with the goal of facilitating sales
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships, and follow-up on opportunities
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Other related duties as assigned
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS software
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Bachelor’s, or higher, in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in integration, databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with relational and large-scale analytics database technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with database connectivity technology, ODBC, JDBC, etc.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience implementing data ingest pipelines using custom and packaged tools including ETL and ELT patterns
- Experience using GCP, AWS and/or Azure Services
• Employee focused culture that listens and invests in our people
• Competitive benefits (Medical, Dental, Pet, Parental Leave & Wellbeing Services)
• Career development planning and professional development
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) matching program
• Best in breed Sales trainings leveraging MEDDIC as a sales methodology
• Sales performance accelerators up to 2x
• Friendly and Fun workplace
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.