Senior Director, Experience Design
Customer Experience – UI/UX Design /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Actian’s Customer Experience (CX) Team exists to provide exceptional experiences for our customers by helping them realize the value and success from working with Actian’s products and services. The CX team designs and delivers quality experiences by turning customer needs and user insights into actionable ideas to help them solve their business challenges through the Actian Cloud Data Platform.
The Senior Director of Experience Design is a key role on the Customer Experience team. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Experience, the Senior Director will be responsible for partnering with Actian cross-functional teams to shape and execute initiatives that advance our customer and user experience. In this role, you will be empowered to architect and design the Actian experience blueprint and execute experience design initiatives that align with Actian’s strategic imperatives by leveraging customer and user research to inform new areas of opportunity. The ideal candidate is well-versed in driving the end-to-end user experience for a SaaS business and has advanced the organization’s UX and design capabilities.
The Senior Director will manage a developing team of experienced design practitioners and product designers that will deliver best-in-quality user experiences that support our product roadmap. The Senior Director should have experience guiding UX, including the execution of the end-to-end experience design process from planning, research, ideation, workflows/wireframes, visual design, prototyping, delivering and on-going refinement.
This is an exciting new role with opportunity for growth within the HCLSoftware Data & Analytics portfolio. The Senior Director will play an important role by reshaping how we deliver the customer experience and grow our presence in the cloud data management market.
- Own the vision and execution of end-to-end user experience across our flagship products including Actian Cloud Data Platform
- Develop the experience design team and processes by inspiring and empowering an innovative group of UX strategists and designers to deliver innovative product experiences and solutions
- Facilitate cross-functional design thinking workshops to define, align and execute on experience opportunity areas including the development of user personas, empathy maps, service design blueprints, journey maps and other artifacts
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative feedback from end users to frame problems, test assumptions and inform user experience enhancements
- Facilitate the process of experience design prioritization by applying decision making criteria and strategic frameworks
- Drive continuous cycles of design iterations that can be measured for incremental experience gains such as usability testing
- Develop strategy for end-to-end user behavior tracking and user experience optimizations using Pendo and other analytics tools
- Align company go-to-market priorities and business key performance indicators to experience initiatives and report scorecard progress on an identified cadence
- Educate the internal organization about the value of user-centric design and foster a culture of innovation through experience-led growth
- Deliver cross-functional presentations with recommendations for newly proposed and enhanced experiences that provide tremendous value to our customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales and IT teams to deliver the user experience
Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of experience working in digital agency, management consulting or SaaS customer experience
- Comprehensive portfolio with examples showing storytelling capabilities and demonstration of leadership and strategic vision for experience design
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing experience design / UX teams and building organization capabilities in these areas
- Strong experience influencing cross-functional multidisciplinary teams to launch high impact UX initiatives with a critical eye towards exceptional design
- Exceptional conceptual thinking and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Experience with SaaS and/or cloud-native products
- Experience using Figma, Pendo, Miro/Mural and JIRA
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and a collaborative team player
- Industry knowledge of the cloud data management or data warehouse space
- Experience aligning initiatives to the OKR framework
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Employee focused culture that listens and invests in our people
- Competitive benefits (Medical, Dental, Pet, Parental Leave & Wellbeing Services)
- 401K matching and Corporate Bonus Incentives
- Flex-vacation program and remote work policy
- Career development planning and professional development
- Company Social Responsibility (CSR) matching program
- Friendly and Fun workplace
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.