Director Product Marketing
Marketing – Product Marketing /
Actian transforms business by simplifying how people connect, manage, and analyze data. We do this with a passion for innovation, customer experience, and our people. Actian puts our greatest asset, our people, at the center and offers employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment focused on shared success. At Actian, we believe in culture add, and we don’t subscribe to ideologies that limit people’s potential. We don’t want people to just work here – we want them to belong here.
With a vision of being the most trusted, flexible, and easy to use data platform, our product portfolio includes the most performant data management, data integration, and data analytics products on the market. Customers use our cloud-native data platform to unify their data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real-time business insights at a fraction of the cost. Twenty-four (24) of the Fortune 100 companies use Actian technology in some of the most mission-critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Senior Director of Product Marketing will grow and lead the product marketing function at Actian, with a primary focus on the Avalanche Cloud Data Platform. As a leader within the marketing organization, you will play a key role in defining strategies that drive demand, build pipeline, and improve win rates for our overall product portfolio. The team will include capabilities product marketing, partner marketing, and competitive intelligence.
The core product marketing function is responsible for crafting and executing go-to-market strategies for our product portfolio, as well as developing personas, market insights, positioning, messaging, and content. The partner marketing function works closely with Sales/Alliances and across Marketing to build and execute a marketing plan in support of strategic partner relationships and pipeline. The competitive intelligence function will be created within Product Marketing to provide market and competitive intelligence across the organization, enabling sales to win in competitive situations and informing our product management team as they build the roadmap.
- Work closely with leaders across Marketing, Product, and Sales to make product & customer initiatives successful in the markets we serve including new product launches, product refresh, upsell/cross-sell strategies and migration strategies
- · Lead organization in crafting and executing go-to-market strategies for our product portfolio, as well as developing personas, market insights, positioning, messaging, and content that brings the Avalanche Cloud Data Platform to life
- · Lead product marketing, partner marketing and competitive intelligence team members in bringing products to market, developing messages and campaigns that create pipeline, and enabling sales teams and customers to understand the Actian products
- · Collaborate with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to develop clear positioning, build product messaging within the context of the larger brand message, define core questions buyers need to have addressed during the buying cycle, create storylines that communicate value
- · Spearhead the creation of great storytelling, differentiated product positioning and messaging, and audience-centric content
- · Ensure source documents such as messaging frameworks are available for downstream teams, and partner across the organization to drive adoption and consistency
- · Serve as market-facing subject matter expert for the product area and interface with sales, industry analysts, customers, and prospects
- · Define, communicate, and evangelize value propositions that differentiate products in the market & customer segments we serve
- · Enable our sales and business development teams with targeted content, playbooks, and messaging; drive consistency in the value that we articulate through all channels, aligning and informing demand generation programs
- · Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where each buyer persona gets information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make
- · Develop competitive intelligence program that maintains intelligence on competition and industry, providing insights cross functionally
- · In partnership with Product Management, redefine and modernize Product Launch process
- · Define & operationalize customer segmentation to inform marketing strategies including Account Based Marketing
- · Define KPIs to determine effectiveness
- 10+ years of enterprise software product marketing experience with 4+ years of experience in managing a product marketing function
- · Strong storytelling and messaging capabilities which communicate value propositions in a crisp and simple way
- · Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- · Strength in content development, writing, and editing
- · Ability to lead team in a fast-paced environment
- · Passion for messaging, positioning, and value proposition development
- · Strength in evangelizing products, both internally and externally with customers, prospects, and analysts
- · Strong analytical skills to create data sets, extract insights and develop actions to drive continuous improvement
- · Strong project management and cross-collaboration skills to drive varied teams to consensus around go-to-market strategies and plans
- · Experience in the analytics, database/warehouse, data integration or other data management related markets
- · Working knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, and Marketo