Enterprise Data Architect
Engineering – Engineering /
Enterprise Data Architect
Actian is the leading provider of hybrid data management, cloud data warehouse and data integration technologies. We are trusted by global players in banking and financial services, retail, industry, healthcare, information economy and telecommunications. We are expanding worldwide and offer experienced team players a variety of opportunities in a cosmopolitan company.
As a member of an international team, you will be responsible for the comprehensive design of data-related processes and data models in our application landscape as Enterprise Data Architect [f/m/d] - Home Office at Actian. You will help us to comply with international and local requirements and to implement appropriate technologies in terms of Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Big Data and Advanced Analytics.
You will be responsible for linking our processes across the board, using future-proof technologies, challenging standards to ensure sustainability and consistency of architectures as well as success in our product solutions.
- Designing architectures for web applications, taking into account logical data models and cross-system information flows
- Creating system, application and service visualizations for our process and data architecture
- Developing database and ETL solutions to store and retrieve enterprise information, improving system performance through testing, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
- Analysis of data storage, data transfer and related processes. Propose solutions based on results, using conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Evaluation of implementation concepts of new systems based on K.O. criteria and other requirements
- Coordinating workshops to further develop and improve our standards and processes
- Driving data governance topics as well as adapting key market trends in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Creating an Actian "Book of Standards" for all of our company's data-related technologies and projects
- Implement a data dictionary and other structures & elements necessary for metadata management
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, business informatics or a comparable degree
- 7+ years of professional experience as a data architect, data scientist, data analyst or similar role
- Strong knowledge of data modeling, database design, data management, and data governance
- Extensive experience with data architectures and models as well as good knowledge in designing (service-oriented) architectures
- Strong user skills in SQL as well as Salesforce, NetSuite and one or more ETL tools, data mining and segmentation techniques
- High familiarity with data analysis and visualization techniques using relevant tools [e.g. Tableau, D3.js, Jupyter Notebooks or R].
- Understanding of commercial processes, enjoy sharing knowledge in an international context and high (internal) service orientation
- Very good presentation and communication skills in English (at least C1) and ideally also in German
Our offer - As an expanding technology company with headquarters in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an attractive overall package:
- A success-oriented salary/fixed salary plus bonus
- Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working hours
- Attractive career and training opportunities
- State-of-the-art work equipment
- Work & travel in an international environment
- Company events and team events
- Onboarding & buddy program
This position is not tied to an immediate work location. Hybrid working is state-of-the art at Actian in this position and we trust your self-organization in the home office.
If you are interested, please send us your resume in English. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video conference.
Diversity and equal opportunities are a top priority at Actian. All qualified applicants have the same opportunity at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin color, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
To enable equal opportunity for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during your interview.