Employee Experience Intern
People Team (Human Resources) – People Team (Human Resources) /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for interns to join us for our 2023 Summer Internship Program! This 12-week program is set to being June 5th, so if you are looking for an incredible opportunity to partner with the best and brightest minds in the industry, apply today. This program has been designed with our interns in mind and includes structured learning plans, a dedicated buddy, and a focused capstone project that you will have the opportunity to present in our Internship Showcase!
The Employee Experience Intern will have a hands-on opportunity to impact Employee Engagement, DEIB, Corporate Responsibility, and more. The Employee Experience Team is responsible for enabling our people to do their best work by cultivating experiences that are flexible, unique, and meaningful for everyone at every stage of their journey with Actian. For their capstone project, this intern will have the opportunity to contribute to our IMPACTIAN Program. This project will help change the face of how we approach Corporate Responsibility here at Actian, as you will be focused on assisting the Employee Experience team with creating a scalable approach to corporate volunteering around the globe, as well as have an opportunity to work on projects related to DEIB. If you are passionate about employee experience, have an aptitude for technology, and are looking to build your skills as a People Professional in modern and progressive ways, this role is for you!
- Research and analyze best practices and trends in corporate social responsibility to inform the development of new initiatives and strategies
- Collaborate with the Employee Experience team to develop and implement a scalable approach to corporate volunteering globally
- Research and identify potential corporate volunteering platforms and partnerships that align with Actian's values and mission
- Develop and implement communication strategies to promote corporate volunteering and encourage employee participation
- Assist in the planning and execution of DEI-related events, such as training sessions, workshops, and awareness campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to promote Actian's corporate social responsibility efforts externally through various channels, such as social media, website, and press releases
Nice to haves:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor undergraduate program with a preferred focus in functional area i.e. human resources, psychology, organizational development, or related concentration
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Basic problem solving and project management
- Natural comfort in presenting
- Must be actively enrolled in a college degree program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
What It’s Like Interning with Us!
- Weekly Events— just because the internship is remote, doesn’t mean we don’t have time for fun! Last summer, we hosted an Actian tie-dye shirt event, tiny camp fire—complete with smores(!!!), a murder mystery party, and so much more
- Time with Executives— Interns all get a chance to connect with our executive team through panel discussions, 1:1s, Q&A meetings, and events
- Workshops & Tech Tuesday’s— Interns all participate in Tech Tuesday’s where they get to learn more about Actian specific technologies, as well as workshops geared towards new professionals
- Opportunity to travel – we will be hosting a hybrid orientation! For those that are comfortable with being in person for orientation, we will fly you to our Austin, TX office.
$20 - $30 an hour
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS: Please be aware of potential scams related to Actian job postings. We have been made aware of individuals impersonating Actian recruiters and asking for sensitive information, including banking details. Please note that any communications from Actian will come through our ATS, Lever, or from an email address with an Actian domain. If you are approached by firstname.lastname@example.org or an @gmail address, this is not legitimate. We encourage you to apply for roles only through https://www.actian.com/company/careers/. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.