Senior Support Engineer - UK - Remote
UK - Remote /
Services and Support – Support /
At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide.
We are looking for an Actian Avalanche Senior Support Engineer to provide prompt, courteous and in-depth service and support to our Avalanche customers and partners. We are looking for you to provide top-of-the-line customer service by demonstrating a high level of service aptitude, product knowledge and customer responsiveness. You will thrive in an environment that expects you to take initiative, find solutions and demonstrate your high level of expertise each day.
- Current job – why are you looking or leave your most recent job?
- Describe a project/team you’ve worked on recently.
- Gauge the size of the companies they’ve been at recently and compare them to yours.
- If it’s a leadership role compare team sizes
- Confirm required tech skills (dependent on role)
- Visa Status
- Salary expectations
- Competing offers/opportunities.
- Tell them about the job
- Tell them about the company –
- Size, location and growth
- Acceleration project
- HCL Merger.
- Discuss vacation and sick leave.
- Strong proven trouble-shooting and customer service skills with 5-7 years of technical support experience as a Support Engineer/Senior Support Engineer. Technical expertise in operating systems and/or database or 3 or more years as a programmer and at least 3- 5 years’ technical support experience, preferably in the data integration field
- Strong customer communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong customer service mindset, including attitude, ethics and approach
- Knowledge of SQL, query-writing
- Knowledge of (but not limited to): Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, IBM DB2, MySQL, Informix, Access, Excel, XML, JMS (message-oriented middleware), ODBC, ASCII, Java, COM, C, Visual Source Safe, CVS, REST
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash, Shell, JSP etc.
- Knowledge and use of ETL data integration products, like Informatica, Boomi, Talend or Actian DataConnect strongly recommended
- Knowledgeable with Linux and MS Windows installation and administration skills
- Experience with Cloud or Virtualization technology (VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira a plus
- Familiar with Business Analytics applications, support, and troubleshooting concepts
- Familiar with data warehousing and ETL process
- Familiar with Cloud Computing concepts
- Able to quickly grasp and learn new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or required work-related experience
- Business travel of approximately 5 or less percent yearly is expected for this position
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.