Senior Director - Field Sales EMEA [gn]
Sales – Field Sales /
The database market is growing at 10% CAGR by IDC and is estimated to be $121B USD by 2025.
Gartner estimates that the Cloud data warehouse market is growing by 19% and will be $50B by 2028 which will represent 40% of the overall database market.
Actian is at the head of this market disruption with the fastest data warehouse on the planet with a proven performance advantage of being 9x faster than the competitor. Actian is the market leader in providing a Hybrid Cloud Data Platform that includes data Integration, data management and analytics in a single easy to use solution deployed on AWS, MS Azure or Google.
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity as we shape this market.
Actian is hiring a Senior Director - Field Sales (EMEA) to lead a world class sales team, Go-To-Market strategy and drive execution plans that align with our revenue targets and objective to be the market leader in cloud database solutions. We are looking for a proven, motivating sales leader with great energy, passion, and initiative to manage and expand an incredibly talented Enterprise Regional Sales team. This leader will manage and develop the team that drives new business billings and consumption of our database solutions to our over 1,200 existing customers while acquiring net new customers.
Actian is growing extremely fast, and we are scaling our team to help our customers take advantage of our cloud solution and accelerate cloud consumption. We are looking for a leader with a hyper-growth mindset and a pragmatic approach to solving the challenges of today while thinking strategically and building an execution plan that enables future growth.
As the Senior Director - Field Sales (EMEA), you will collaborate and team across the organization to align with Sales, marketing, engineering, and customer success to drive revenue and assure the continued growth of our core business as we transition from an on-premises business to a SaaS company. We are looking for a leader who can develop and execute a growth strategy that protects our base while transitioning them to the cloud and build an organization that can successfully scale through accelerated Cloud adoption rates. The Senior Director of Field Sales is a key stakeholder involved in our growth strategy and eligible for the corporate bonus plan. You will play an essential role in the future success and the structure of our global sales strategy, focused on the people, best practices, and tools necessary to sustain long-term growth and market leadership.
About Actian Sales Culture
Actian is always innovating - not only in our technology, but also in our go-to-market strategy and in how we invest in our people. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best sales team in the data management industry. This means inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close business, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to be Better, Stronger and Faster together
What you will be doing:
- Managing and coaching a team of approximately 8-10 Regional Sales Managers to ensure each region exceed quarterly targets and meet business objectives
- Enable the team to effectively prospect, identify, qualify, and develop sales pipeline for on-premises and SaaS solutions
- Build revenue from SaaS solutions sold into the customer base and new customer to accelerate the customers journey to the Cloud and drive consumption
- Proactively recruit first line Sales Managers to enable the hyper-growth plan to expand the team of Enterprise Sales Executives next year
- Foster strong and effective customer relationships that result in strategic references accounts wiling to be vocal with analysts and prospects
- Work closely with marketing to develop a plan for seminars, trade shows and other marketing related demand generating events
- Be an example of Actian culture and values; live them, and inspire others
What you bring to Actian:
- Combination of 5-10+ years sales and sales leadership experience in technology selling to large enterprise customers
- Proven experience in building, developing and leading high-performance sales teams selling Subscriptions and SaaS solutions
- Ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise software technology and cloud services
- Leadership experience with the proven ability to attract, develop and retain high performing talent
- Experience deploying different sales methodologies and an understanding of their benefits and potential downsides
- Experience working with Salesforce, LMS, CMS and Performance Management Systems
- Continually assess readiness gaps, and work with the appropriate stakeholders to quickly develop the right programs to close deals and increase sales productivity
- Measure and report the performance of our sales teams in relationship to enablement programs' impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and development objectives
- Ability to credibly and compellingly present business and market assessment along with recommendations with the Executive Leadership Team
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills to build business partnerships across the organization and with external partners
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating KPIs and related progress towards the plan
- Ability to pro-actively identify roadblocks and come up with appropriate solutions to overcome challenges
- Skilled in managing time and resources appropriately to align with corporate strategy and objectives
- BA/BS degree preferred
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
· Employee focused culture that listens and invests in our people
· A success-oriented compensation | fixed salary plus commission plan
· Company Social Responsibility (CSR) & Volunteer-time-off
· Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working
· Wellness, Sport & Meditation App
· Buddy Onboarding-Program
· State-of-the-art work equipment
· Work & travel in an international environment
· Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
· Great teams, fabulous challenges, fun workplace
This position is not tied to any work location in the European Union, but proximity to an international airport is an advantage. Mobile working is state of the art at Actian in such a position and we trust your self-organization in the home office.
If you are interested, please send us your resume/CV. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video calls.
All qualified applicants have the same chance at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin colour, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
In order to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during the interview process.