Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud Deployment [f|m|d] - Germany-Remote
Ilmenau, Germany /
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Deployment with Actian you share primary responsibility for enhancing and maintaining Actian’s EMA product. EMA is a Nagios Core based application that provides monitoring and alerts for Actian’s database offerings in the Cloud and on premise.
- 3 years of work experience in similar employment
- In-depth knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experienced in Cloud deployment including GCP, Azure and AWS
- Experienced in Source Code Control systems, specifically GIT
- Good understanding of database technologies desirable
- Advanced design/debugging/coding skills
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Nagios Core
- Basic understanding of C, HTML and UI design and maintenance
- Quality Management
- Design, code and implement Nagios Core based monitoring tools to meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Develop plans outlining steps and timetables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other engineering team members.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Add enhancements and fix bugs.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Develop and maintain automated software testing for quality assurance.
- Provide product content to Technical Writers.
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Attractive career and training opportunities
- Appreciation, trust and respect on all levels
- A success-oriented compensation / fixed salary plus bonus
- Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working hours
- State of the art work equipment
- Work & travel in an international environment
- Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
This position is not tied to any work location in Germany/Europe, but proximity to an international airport is an advantage. Mobile working is state of the art at Actian in such a position and we trust your self-organization in the home office.
If you are interested, please send us your resume/CV. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video calls.
All qualified applicants have the same chance at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin colour, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
In order to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during the interview process.