Analyst Relations Director - Remote
Round Rock, Texas /
Marketing – Corporate Marketing /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Director of Analyst Relations will be responsible for defining and executing an analyst relations (AR) strategy focused on increasing awareness of the Actian brand and product portfolio. They will own programs focused on building deeper and wider relationships with key industry analysts and effectively communicating the Actian value proposition. They are an experienced communicator who understands the role industry analysts play as influencers of enterprise technology selection and validation. This AR expert must possess knowledge of data and analytics software market. They will be required to identify and engage with analysts in the cloud data analytics, data management, and data integration markets to build awareness and perception.
This role will engage across all areas of the company including senior executives. It requires a strong attention to detail and ability to work cross-functionally under tight deadlines.
The desired outcome of this role is to lead two-way analyst engagements that positively influence Actian’s reputation and revenue opportunities for the business.
- Develop and execute an AR strategy and program to educate the analyst community on behalf of Actian and its products
- Create, cultivate, and oversee relationships with industry analysts and influencers to engage and educate analysts about product group business updates, roadmaps, and product news
- Leverage analyst perspectives to inform product strategy, messaging, and roadmaps
- Plan and execute analyst engagements, including inquiries/briefings, advisory days, event sponsorships, analyst roadshows, etc.
- Develop engagement strategies to deepen and broaden relationships between Actian and the analyst community
- Effectively communicate Actian’s perspectives, value propositions, use cases, announcements, and key differentiators
- Generate analyst relations content, including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, newsletters and thought leadership pieces
- Identify published reports and commission custom research that will support the sales, partners, and support organizations
- Leverage analyst research to drive in-bound knowledge transfer to key stakeholders within the company
- Consult with and educate business stakeholders at all levels on AR strategy
- Proactively manage vendor evaluations with the goal of securing placement by 2025
- Respond quickly and completely to information requests from industry analysts
- Partner closely with product marketing, product management to provide guidance on positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation
- Monitor and track industry analyst publications and trends
- Be seen as an expert, always coming to the table with a unique, informed POV
- Align on company and Analyst Relations-based goals and measure/report on progress against those goals, with an emphasis on results-driven impact from AR activities.
- Demonstrated experience driving an analyst relations strategy and program.
- A leader who will drive strategy and will get tactical to help get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, Marketing or Communications major a plus
- 7-10 years of experience managing AR for a software company in data and analytics
- Outstanding project management and leadership skills, in addition to experience working with large cross-functional teams
- Experience managing vendor evaluations for Gartner Magic Quadrants, IDC MarketScapes, and Forrester Waves, and similar reports
- Understanding of software or cloud technology markets
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data integration, and/or data analytics markets
- Established, positive relationships with industry analysts and influencers
- Experienced and comfortable engaging with all levels of the organization from executive management to product management, sales, and marketing
- Understanding of AR’s impact on the sales cycle and product development lifecycle
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with different elements of a business organization.