Software Engineer Scala [gn] Remote/Germany
Ilmenau, Germany /
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Scala.
To stay competitive, data driven organizations are increasingly compelled to operate in the moment. To do this they need fresh data. Actian Avalanche delivers critical operational insights, with continuous updates reflecting business changes - making it the foundation for our Operational Data Warehouse offering. Join us and work on our Avalanche Platform within a multi-cloud environment, employ the latest tools, and push the limits of what customers can do with Actian Avalanche.
- Lead by example to support and enable team members you work with
- Participate in the design and implementation of features and enhancements
- Complement functionality in existing and new micro-services
- Improve resilience and scalability of our high-performance hybrid cloud platform
- Create tests for and deploy the implemented functionality in our CI/CD environments
Your essential qualifications:
- To be curious and eager to learn about and contribute to state-of-the-art development
- A strong academic background
- Solid coding skills in Scala
- An appreciation of agile software development
- Good communication skills in English
You gain an edge by:
- Demonstrable experience in software development, e.g., advanced academic studies or in a commercial setting
- Experience with large-scale systems development
- Knowledge and experience of professional teambuilding efforts
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Employee focused culture that listens and invest in our people
- Work-life balance in a home-office with flexible working hours
- Individualized professional development program
- Volunteer-time-off – up to three days off annually for charity work
- Company Social Responsibility (CSR) Donation-Matching-Program
- Wellness coach app for relaxation, sports activities, and overall coaching
- Team events and seasonal on-site company parties
- Dedicated contact person in the buddy program during your induction
- Permanent contact person in the people team for all your concerns
- Actian lives diversity and actively implements all dimensions of diversification
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.