Business Development Representative
Round Rock, Texas
Sales – Business Development /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for the future’s top salespeople so if you have a passion for sales, an eagerness to learn and grow, and love to run at a fast pace, this is the role for you. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be strategizing with your Cloud Sales Executives, reaching out to both MidMarket and Fortune 1000 companies, and providing valued insights and stories that showcase Actian technology and unique value proposition. With Actian’s data technology fueling your day-to-day analytics to support your selling + our investments in innovative sales automation tools at your fingertips, you will be responsible for prospecting new business, continually learning new skills that will prepare you for the fast track into more senior sales roles in the future – including SDR roles, Senior SDR roles, Territory Outside Sales, Renewal Sales, and Enterprise Account Executive roles.
About the Role:
You will be working in a sales team environment, with Cloud Sales Account Executives, Technical engineering, and Renewal/Customer success. The Business Development Representative is the ‘tip of the spear’ that makes the best first impression with all new prospective customers – you get the meeting & create the best first impression. Utilize cutting-edge front-line sales & prospecting tools (including Actian Data Platform - Customer 360) to creatively plan and connect with prospective customers.
Prospect: Identify and prioritize accounts that are most likely to generate revenue based on your territory and teaming with local sales management, account executives, and Actian’s ideal customer profile. You will have the most cutting-edge technology enabling prospect scoring/prioritization (example – digital web traffic, highly engaged prospects that require higher outreach)
Outreach: Plan how to get in touch with accounts and conduct outreach in a modern sales methodology and capacity. Utilize best first impression across multi-channel selling to differentiate Actian (phone, email, social media). Call into strategic accounts with a defined requirement that you have identified via our demand analytics tools, and/or through your 1:1 research of the account needs via tools provided.
Engage: Build relationships and generate engagement/awareness with key decision makers, adapting messaging to the different stakeholders, making sure they understand the value we bring and get excited about Actian’s cutting edge technology
Sell: discovery prospective customer pain points and be prepared to tell the Actian story & a few customers success stories to clearly differentiate why Actian is a game changer in multi-cloud data & analytics
Qualify: Gather information needed to qualify the prospects and document the information into a winning sales plan in salesforce.com. Stay organized and synthesize and report learnings from your client interactions on a regular basis to sales management, account executives – and take ownership to convert small data points & interactions into a new sales opportunity
- Qualify accounts, including multiple prospects within one account/department leading to new sales opportunity creation – manage and develop leads in your territory in a strategic manner
- Lead account and prospect research to build a world-class customer database for your territory in an organized manner utilizing advanced prospecting tools at your fingertips
- Contribute to and develop key messaging and content to drive repeatability against our Ideal Customer Profile, Targeted Personas, and 1:1 Account ABM
- Consistently achieve qualified meeting/opportunity creation quota and productivity goals for your territory
- Manage an organized territory plan, and maintain Salesforce.com with precision to represent your territory to sales management and roll-up clean reports for the entire sales extended team followup and management of identified opportunities
What you'll need to be successful:
- 6 mo + of sales or service experience.
- Prior track record of Sales Development role success is preferable
- Located in Austin, TX
- You're a confident communicator, comfortable speaking with managers, executives, and customers via phone, e-mail, and multi-channel (social media)
- A measurable track record of succeeding in a goal-oriented environment • You're creative and a self-starter, with a desire to help people see a problem in a new light
- You act independently when necessary, creating and executing plans for improvements and implementation
- Creativity, persistence, and inquisitiveness about data, analytics, and new technology, combined with the desire to help enterprises solve problems in new ways
- A team player, self-motivated, results driven, with excellent communication and organizational skills. When you find problems, you look to identify solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with email cadence/template development
- Experience in the world of enterprise SaaS and analytics is a definite plus • Prior sales training and experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to use or learn to use modern sales prospecting tools, including: ZoomInfo, SalesLoft/Outreach, and LinkedIn SalesNavigator, Drift chat
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.