Senior Cloud Test Architect [gn] - Remote
UK - Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Senior Cloud Test Architect will be a part of a fast-paced and highly motivated engineering team responsible for the architecture and implementation of our high-performance Cloud Data Warehouse and Integrations PaaS infrastructure. You will work as part of a cross-functional agile team to test REST APIs, microservices and infrastructure in a fully containerized environment in GCP, AWS and Azure.
You will be expected to help in the design and implementation of automated tests for new features to enhance the platform, as well as maintain and improve existing ones. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to lead by example, breaking down complex features into manageable tasks as well as mentor junior members of the team. You will utilize cutting edge technology and development best practices, contribute to build and test automation as well as final deployment to ensure delivery of a high-quality offering.
- Design and build Python based automated tests using the pytest framework to test our REST APIs. Tests will be required for unit level testing and also end to end testing. With our end to end testing you will need to orchestrate multiple apis.
- Collaborate with architects, CloudOps, and DevOps to implement highly scalable concurrent platform tests.
- Develop and implement best practices to execute automated tests across multiple test environments and ensure timely communication of test failures.
- Having some exposure to MABL would be an added plus for our GUI automation testing but can be learned on the job.
- Exposure to kubernetes Python SDK
- Exposure to cloud storage: Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, and Azure Blob Storage
You should be able to demonstrate competence in at least 5 the following areas:
- Microservices and distributed/scalable systems
- Google, AWS or Azure
- Kubernetes - Google GKE, Amazon EKS, Azure AKS
- ArgoCD, Terraform, and Helm Additional requirements:
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training
- 5 or more years of experience in Cloud Engineering and Architecture
- Excellent problem solver who enjoys daily challenges
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Team player used to collaborating with others
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it
We are looking for motivated team players ready to improve their craft and learn new skills building modern services in the cloud and beyond.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.