Software Engineer DBMS [gn] Germany
Germany - Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Our company is headquartered in the United States and has offices worldwide. We offer a position as Senior Software Engineer [d/f/m] with the opportunity to work on a cutting-edge database management system (RDBMS/DBMS).
We are looking for team players who can work independently in a distributed team. Our focus is on high performance implementations; following an initial training period, this position demands personal knowledge, experience and judgement to accomplish.
You will be part of the engineering team delivering our ActianX/Vector(MPP) family of products, which are provided for a variety of OS distributions and are at the core of our fast growing Actian Avalanche cloud data platform service.
Your responsibilities will cover design and implementation challenges of team and individual projects. You will be expected to drive and successfully complete and later maintain your supervised projects.
As a professional Software Engineer you should have at least 5 years of work experience in a similar field, ideally DBMS development, and with a passion to learn and grow.
- Design, implementation and supervision of enhancements improving performance, stability and scalability of a high-performance data base management system
- Create tests for and maintain the implemented functionality in our continuous integration management environment
- Cooperation with our Support, Product Management, and Quality Assurance teams
- Collaboration with partners and customers on product development and maintenance
- Ability to work independently in a small, dynamic team
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or math or equivalent/higher degree
- 5+ years of experiences in software development, e.g., due to advanced academic studies or in a commercial setting, ideally in database development
- Highly proficient programming skills [C family]
- Excellent algorithm-design skills
- Very good knowledge of database concepts and technology, in particular SQL and relational algebra, and query optimization
- Experience in the areas of compilation techniques, compiler writing, language parsing, code generation and/or character sets
- Good knowledge of Linux [or Windows] operating systems
- [e.g. memory management, IO]
- Windows operating system knowledge on registry, installation processes and specific APIs is a strong plus, as well as Visual Studio compile and debug expertise
- Competent script programming skills [Python, Bash]
- Core database parser and optimizer experience
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Attractive career and training opportunities
- Appreciation, trust and respect on all levels
- A success-oriented compensation / fixed salary plus commission
- Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working hours
- Personal Development Program
- Volunteer & Donation Program
- State of the art work equipment
- Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
If you are interested, please send us your resume/CV. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video calls.
All qualified applicants have the same chance at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin colour, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
In order to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during the interview process.