Senior Cloud Engineer - Remote
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be a part of a fast-paced and highly motivated engineering team responsible for the architecture and implementation of our high-performance Cloud Data Warehouse and Integrations PaaS infrastructure. You will work as part of a cross-functional agile team to design and implement REST APIs, microservices and infrastructure in a fully containerized environment in GCP, AWS and Azure.
You will be expected to help in the design and implementation of new features to enhance the platform, as well as maintain and improve existing ones. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to lead by example, breaking down complex features into manageable tasks as well as mentor junior members of the team. You will utilize cutting edge technology and development best practices, contribute to build and test automation as well as final deployment to ensure delivery of a high-quality offering.
- Design and build REST APIs for use and management of the platform
- Collaborate with architects, CloudOps, and DevOps to implement highly scalable platform services on cloud infrastructure
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud
- Develop and implement best practices to be used by the team designed to increase productivity working in the cloud
- Create and implement automation across platform for operations, monitoring and test purposes
You should be able to demonstrate competence in at least 5 the following areas:
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and/or Restify
- Microservices and distributed/scalable systems
- Google, AWS or Azure
- Docker, containerd
- Kubernetes, Swarm, GKE, EKS, AKS
- ArgoCD, Terraform, and/or Helm
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training
- 5 or more years of experience in Cloud Engineering and Architecture
- Excellent problem solver who enjoys daily challenges
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Team player used to collaborating with others
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it
We are looking for motivated team players ready to improve their craft and learn new skills building modern services in the cloud and beyond.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.