Program Manager- US Remote
Engineering – Engineering /
Actian, a division of HCL Software, is a technology company with a strong heritage and a broad portfolio in data management, data integration and data analytics. We power some of the most challenging data-driven use cases worldwide, have an enviable and highly loyal customer base comprised of some of the world's biggest enterprises and top government institutions. Companies such as Lufthansa, ADP, FedEx, Sabre, Xerox, Zoho, ConocoPhillips and GM all run on Actian’s solutions.
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Actian is a seeking a Program Manager for a newly established global PMO function to support various cross-functional projects and initiatives across the enterprise. The individual will be assisting PMO Leader in leading and managing projects such as SaaS acceleration growth planning and execution, Go-to-market (GTM) execution, annual sales kick-off, etc.
This position is 100% remote within continental US. This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technology to the next level.
- Develop project plan; including schedules, resource requirements, risk management planning, internal and external dependencies.
- Lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, action item tracking and managing release content.
- Work with PMO leader to support Actian Executive Leadership Team on various cross-departmental initiatives, e.g.strategic planning, GTM plays execution, Sales Kick Off (SKO), etc.
- Including product management initiatives.
- Work with other team member to manage and track status of assigned projects
- The desired candidate will be a change agent who can work with various peers and senior leaders to establish and/or streamline processes with a goal of simultaneously improving quality, project deliverables and schedules.
- 3-5 years working experience in an Agile environment, either Scrum or Kanban based, is a must.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, O365 is a must
- The candidate must be able to look across a broad spectrum of new technologies and engineering process methodologies to formulate and drive improvements into the daily processes used by the platform team and peer organizations.
- Passionate about the challenges of understanding how highly complex, massively parallel processing systems behave.
- Experience in program management of high performing teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
- Positive attitude and intellectual curiosity are must.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline and 5 years in related project management or engineering management required for this role.
- Appropriate certifications (PMP, PgMP, Agile Scrum Master) desired, but not required.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable with various digital platforms such as Microsoft Office suite, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc.
- Must be able to complete detailed work, organize efficiently and team effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a track record of producing results in a team environment
Skills & Attributes
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated who is ready to participate in a team environment and contribute to the success of Actian. The successful candidate will possess excellent skills in organization and time management where scheduling priorities and efficiency in system configuration is essential. The selected candidate will possess good communication skills (verbal and written) and is comfortable occasionally working in ambiguous environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.