Director, Strategic Partnerships [gn] Spain
Spain - remote
Sales – Strategic Alliance /
Actian transforms business by simplifying how people connect, manage, and analyze data. We do this passionately for innovation, customer experience, and our people. Actian puts our greatest asset, our people, at the center and offers employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment focused on shared success. At Actian, we believe in culture add and don’t subscribe to ideologies limiting people’s potential. We don’t want people to work here – we want them to belong here.
With a vision of being the most trusted, flexible, and easy-to-use data platform, our product portfolio includes the most performant data management, data integration, and data analytics products on the market. Customers use our cloud-native data platform to unify their data, explore and securely exchange data to run various analytic workloads that provide real-time business insights at a fraction of the cost. Twenty-four (24) Fortune 100 companies use Actian technology in some of the most mission-critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be focused on cultivating, nurturing, and driving joint ventures with regional and global partners interested in strategic integrations of Actian technology. These partners will include ISV and OEM partnerships. This role will spearhead partnership strategies, ensuring the seamless execution of our shared vision: eliminating data silos, delivering actionable insights, and managing data efficiently across hybrid environments. This position is exclusively to be filled in Spain.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strategic Development: Craft, refine, and execute strategic partnerships with organizations aligned with Actian’s vision and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Serve as the primary point of contact for the ISV and OEM partnerships. This includes relationship building, issue resolution, and ongoing communication to ensure a robust and fruitful relationship.
- Partnership Execution: Drive the success of our joint initiatives by working closely with partners to develop and launch solutions, initiatives, and offerings that leverage Actian’s technologies and platform.
- Internal Collaboration: Work with internal teams across Actian, including sales, marketing, product, and support, to ensure alignment and effective execution of partnership initiatives.
- Market Analysis: Understand the partner landscape, including trends, challenges, and opportunities, to position Actian effectively and identify potential new partnerships with potential OEM and ISVs.
- Customer Insights: Gather feedback from joint customers and incorporate this feedback into the partnership strategies and Actian’s product development roadmap.
- Leadership & Reporting: Regularly update leadership and stakeholders on partnership initiatives' progress, results, and challenges.
- Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or other Technology, or a related field. Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years in strategic partnerships, business development, or alliance management roles, ideally in the tech or data sector.
- Technical Acumen: Familiarity with cloud environments, data management, data integration, and analytics products and a good understanding of data security.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Relationship Building: Proven track record of establishing and nurturing high-level partnerships.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to visualize, articulate, and execute a compelling future for Actian’s partnerships.
- Team Player: Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and drive team-wide results.
- Adaptability: Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to pivot and adapt to changing business needs.
- Customer-Centric: A strong understanding of customer needs and the ability to translate those needs into actionable partnership strategies.
- Travel: This role will require a min of 25% Travel to ensure success.
What Actian Offers:
- As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Attractive career and training opportunities
- Appreciation, trust and respect on all levels
- A success-oriented compensation
- Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working hours
- State of the art work equipment
- Work & travel in an international environment
- Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.