Senior Software Engineer C/C++ [f|m|d] - Germany-Remote
Ilmenau, Germany /
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or math or equivalent/higher degree
- 5+ years of experiences in software development, e.g., due to advanced academic studies or in a commercial setting, ideally in database development
- Highly proficient programming skills [C family]
- Excellent algorithm-design skills
- Very good knowledge of database concepts and technology, in particular SQL and relational algebra, and query optimization
- Design, implementation and supervision of enhancements improving performance, stability and scalability of a high-performance data base management system
- Create tests for and maintain the implemented functionality in our continuous integration management environment
- Cooperation with our Support, Product Management, and Quality Assurance teams
- Collaboration with partners and customers on product development and maintenance
- Ability to work independently in a small, dynamic team
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Attractive career and training opportunities
- Appreciation, trust and respect on all levels
- A success-oriented compensation / fixed salary plus bonus
- Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working hours
- State of the art work equipment
- Work & travel in an international environment
- Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
This position is not tied to any work location in Germany/Europe, but proximity to an international airport is an advantage. Mobile working is state of the art at Actian in such a position and we trust your self-organization in the home office.
If you are interested, please send us your resume/CV. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video calls.
All qualified applicants have the same chance at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin colour, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
In order to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during the interview process.