Cloud Operations Analyst Intern
Services and Support – Cloud Ops /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for interns to join us for our 2023Summer Internship Program! This 12-week program is set to being June 5th, so if you are looking for an incredible opportunity to partner with the best and brightest minds in the industry, apply today. This program has been designed with our interns in mind and includes structured learning plans, a dedicated buddy, and a focused capstone project that you will have the opportunity to present in our Internship Showcase!
We are seeking a highly motivated Cloud Operations Analyst Intern to join our team. As a Cloud Operations Analyst Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the integration of Jira with Salesforce and assisting in cloud operations activities. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and be familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. You will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Cloud Operations Project Manager.
- Collaborate with Incident Response Team members to write and maintain documentation related to incident response procedures and protocols
- Assist in the generation of reports to track the progress and status of ongoing projects
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders to gather project requirements and update project status
- Support the Senior Project Manager in other duties, such as project planning, scheduling, and risk management
- Continuously monitor and assess project progress to identify and mitigate risks and issues
- Complete Capstone Project and present findings to Company through Capstone Presentation
Nice to haves:
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Familiarity with cloud computing and hands-on experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be actively enrolled in a college degree program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
What It’s Like Interning with Us!
- Weekly Events— just because the internship is remote, doesn’t mean we don’t have time for fun! Last summer, we hosted an Actian tie-dye shirt event, tiny camp fire—complete with smores(!!!), a murder mystery party, and so much more
- Time with Executives— Interns all get a chance to connect with our executive team through panel discussions, 1:1s, Q&A meetings, and events
- Workshops & Tech Tuesday’s— Interns all participate in Tech Tuesday’s where they get to learn more about Actian specific technologies, as well as workshops geared towards new professionals
- Opportunity to travel – we will be hosting a hybrid orientation! For those that are comfortable with being in person for orientation, we will fly you to our Austin, TX office.
$20 - $30 an hour
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.