New York, New York /
Product + Engineering – Engineering /
Remote anywhere in the US
The Action Network is an exciting sports media company that builds products and creates content to inform and entertain the sports bettor. The sports betting and fantasy sports space is massive ($170bn in the US), growing and underserved from a product and content perspective, and we have the talent, domain expertise and passion to win the space.
We are looking for an AWS SecOps Engineer who has experience working with EKS and Aurora Postgres. This person will be proactive and partner with our product and technology teams to design and develop scripts, tools, systems, processes and documentation that will improve efficiencies and effectiveness. Candidates must possess language flexibility and superior problem solving skills.
A few examples of cloud technologies we work with daily include Helm, Kubernetes, Postgres, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Grafana, CloudWatch, EC2, Lambda, Route 53, Docker, Linux, Windows, Elasticache (Redis), S3, EKS, ECR, ELB, SES and SNS.
A few examples of development technologies we work with daily include Node, Postgres, Linux, C# .NET, and Windows.
- Design and maintain security through best practices including internal networking audits and key rotations.
- Write infrastructure as code
- Maintaining and enhancing our AWS cloud environment such as monitoring, optimization, automation, data maintenance, and security tooling
- Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal and cost-efficient cloud-based configurations for the company
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated documentation and training as required
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
- On-call availability where required to keep the cloud infrastructure running smoothly
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across infrastructure and application domains
- Work independently when required, communicating regularly with stakeholders on solution implementation
- Be a proactive stakeholder in product quality
- Ability to analyze and prioritize incidents and determine root cause and thereafter effect resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills and a strong customer focus
- Build a knowledge base on the applications and acquire subject matter expertise on the overall line of business
- 1 or more years writing and configuring helm charts for Kubernetes clusters
- 1 to 3 years' experience building and maintaining infrastructure in AWS using some or all of the following services EC2, VPC, Route 53, Lambda, EKS, ECR, RDS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, SQS, SNS, SES, and/or others
- 1 to 5 years of experience managing Postgres databases and dealing with query optimization for applications at scale.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools
- Strong awareness of networking concepts and how to implement within AWS (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP, Firewalls, NAT)
- Experience writing applications or scripting in any one or more of the following languages: NodeJS, Powershell, C#, React, or Python.
- Experience with Shell and or Bash scripting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace
- Interest in Cloud Operations and its impact on greater business practices
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
- High on social skills, team spirit and empathy
- Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation for emergency support
- Very strong and proven communication and coordination skills, open-minded and determined
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect
- Cloud Security Certification (Other cloud-related certifications also a plus.)
Benefits: The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k Plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance and Long / Short-term disability coverage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the community.