Development – Data Engineering
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 75,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a creative Data Engineer to join our Data Science team. At ActiveCampaign the Data Engineer will deal with terabytes of platform transactional data, user UI interaction time series, email and marketing content, user e-commerce trails, email enrichment tags, etc. Our team is passionate about leveraging value from this data for end user e.g. predict deal closures, predict best email send schedules, predictively suggest best email and marketing automation and much more. If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Owns data loads between data lake, internal data structures, internal and external API’s
- Brainstorms with data science team and suggest data and architectural solutions.
- Participates in data exploration, analytics insight (machine learning models).
- Maintains data science IT infrastructure (data stores, ETL tools, visualizations and runtime environments.
- Validates any incoming data.
- Helps with data science model productionalization as containerized micro service.
What is needed:
- Script scheduled data manipulation (excellent python).
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Experience with common file and concept data structures (JSON, CSV, lists, dictionaries, data frames, etc.)
- Ability to quickly grasp and troubleshoot internal and external API’s for data ingest and output.
- Experience with AWS (access, admin, etc.)
- Administer databases (SQL, no-SQL, etc.) for scale, stability, security, multi-user load management and performance
- Administering ETL scheduling environments for global data validation and process stability
- Experience with any data visualization and reporting tools (D3, Tableau, etc.)
- Optimization of large data processes (500GB to -5TB)
- Experience with both batch and streaming data processing
- Desire to acquire//sharpen data science skills (statistical data exploration, machine learning, etc.)
- Experience with any containerized micro service (preferred)
- Experience with distributed data environments (Hadoop, Spark) (preferred)
- Scripting in GO (preferred)
- Experience implementing ETL processes with Airflow (preferred)
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.