Back End Developer (Remote available)
Development – Handoff /
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 75 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Back End Developer on our Hand Off team, you'll be working with internal and external stakeholders, senior developers, product managers, and designers to execute Ada’s Hand Off roadmap in order to deliver the best in class hand-off experiences to both agents and chatters. Your goal will be to build the highest impact live chat integrations for our automation platform, with an emphasis on understanding customer needs and cross-platform use cases. You will focusing on improving current APIs and CRM/Live Chat platform integrations with Ada partners, such as Salesforce and Zendesk.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a Back End Developer
- Understanding of distributed cloud systems architecture and relevant technologies
- Comfortable with the web stack (language and framework non-specific)
- Understanding of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and in-memory stores such as Redis
- Experience using APIs to build distributed cloud applications an asset
- Create new API endpoints to power incredible new features
- Create accessible, efficient, and testable back-end components
- Create, test, and optimize database models and indexes
- Review code and provide insightful feedback
- Ensure Ada’s architecture keeps up with the state-of-the-art
Ada is a rapidly growing company located at Spadina and Adelaide in Toronto, Canada’s thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.