Engineering Manager, Core Applications
Engineering – Architecture & Platform /
We’re Ada, a brand interaction platform that empowers brands to live up to their promises and have more—and more valuable—interactions with the people who love them. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 3.5 billion brand interactions for the world’s fastest growing enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook, and Shopify. In May 2021, we raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and officially became a global unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
The passion of our people and dedication to their craft continues to drive our dramatic global growth.
Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment. You can learn more about the founding of our company here.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As an Engineering Manager in the Core Application group, you’ll be managing a team of 4-9 engineers, working with internal and external stakeholders, product managers, and designers to build natural, automated experiences for the customers of our Brands (aka, Chatters). You will play a key role in this team's success by cultivating high-performing teams and building out a platform layer that would allow us to build out integrations to customer success platforms and digital channels.
- You are excited about working with APIs, SDKs and integration challenges around scalability and maintainability
- You have a coaching mindsetYou feel a sense of pride, satisfaction, and gratitude when you’ve been a part of helping others grow and improve
- You can recognize talent and know when to nurture it in others
- You are willing to hold others accountable for their words and actions
- You are aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- You believe in continuous improvement
- You are highly data-driven, but also have the experience and wisdom to trust your intuition
- You communicate and collaborate extremely well
- You are obsessed about your customers and want to give them the best experience
- You are excited by Ada’s mission, technology, and people
Bonus, but not required:
- You have experience in managing teams building highly scalable integration platforms
- You are knowledge and experience about SDKs, APIs, and integrations
- You have experience building and scaling teams in a high-growth startup situation
- Coaching : Manage a team of 4 - 9 engineers Conduct regular 1:1s with direct reports to understand their goals, challenges, and to provide consistent feedback
- Be receptive to feedback as well as deliver critical feedback promptly, with empathy, and with understanding Amplify your team's voice when they need a champion
- Act as a coach and a sponsor for your team
- Provide direction and guidance to team members when needed
- Proudly broadcast your team's identity and personality
- Challenge your team to do their best work, and do your best to support them
- Work with your team for professional development and career growth
- Planning and Execution: Support the team in prioritizing, planning, and managing upcoming work items
- Identify and unblock issues impeding the team
- Identify and communicate risks with stakeholders early
- Insist on observability and data-driven decision making
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Product Management and other key stakeholders to define team roadmap
- Ensure that high priority bugs are being addressed in a timely manner
- Run Root Cause Analysis and identify root causes in our technology and our processes
- Identify inefficiencies in the team's development process and resolve them, or escalate them
- Be supportive to stakeholders outside Engineering upon inquiries
- Hiring: Understand the staffing needs of the team and ensure it is set up for success
- Identify talented candidates during hiring and interviews
- Help improve the hiring process and remove systemic bias
- Strategy: Collaborate closely with Product Management and Design to create a high performing Product team
- Help evolve Ada’s Engineering organization and improve processes
- Identify gaps in competency and opportunities to improve
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success—it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.