Senior Software Architect, Front End
Development – Infrastructure /
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious global team that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer experience. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 1 billion customer interactions for some notable enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook and Shopify. We recently raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and we're officially a Canadian unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Senior Software Architect focused on our client side you will have an immense impact on Ada as we continue to grow our company and our technology. You will be integral in building a scalable, efficient, and robust foundation for both our SaaS offerings and the SDKs our customers use to facilitate millions of interactions a month.
- 3+ years of Software Architecture experience.
- 8+ years software development experience in total
- 1+ year of SDK or core front end library development experience
- Significant experience with front end technologies (Vue, React, Angular, JQuery, Elm, ReasonML)
- Understand the intricacies of developing for a world wide audience across various browsers
- The ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- Familiarity with agile methodologiesStrong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating with design, other engineers, product managers and stakeholders to articulate their vision for the front end and their solutions to the opportunities in front of teams
- Familiarity with Websockets, Typescript, and complex multi-team products
- Solid understanding of best practices around testing front end components
Nice to Have
- Experience building web applications with our current technology stack (React, Typescript, Python, MongoDB)
- Working knowledge of GraphQL
- Working understanding of cross paradigm API development systems. For example REST, SOAP, etc.
- Open source contributions to core front end libraries
- 3 Months - Onboard and effectively start contributing to our client side architecture
- 6 Months - Collaborate with the other architects to develop and implement a strategy for rapidly improving our client side systems to be ready for enterprise customers and rapid market expansion.
- 9 Months - Successfully led multiple cross engineering architecture projects.
- 12 Months - Support the creation of products that support millions of customers in new and existing market verticals
- The Architecture team at Ada is rapidly expanding its scope and influence. We have a highly collaborative and dynamic environment where key architectural decisions are made often. The team operates fairly independently under the VP of Architecture and Platform’s direction to be able to ensure our overall technical excellence and that our long term technical path aligns with our long term business vision. We work with clear priorities, defined outcomes and a lot of autonomy to bring our best selves to our work.
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.