Business Operations Manager (Remote)
People and Operations – Business Operations /
We’re Ada, a brand interaction platform that empowers brands to live up to their promises and have more—and more valuable—interactions with the people who love them. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 3.5 billion brand interactions for the world’s fastest growing enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook, and Shopify. In May 2021, we raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and officially became a global unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
The passion of our people and dedication to their craft continues to drive our dramatic global growth.
Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment. You can learn more about the founding of our company here.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
This person would work alongside the SVP of Operations to help establish the operating cadence for Ada overall. As the first member of the Business Operations team, the Business Operations Manager would help craft the team alongside the SVP of Operations. This includes helping us to launch our company wide OKR cadence, establish business reporting and develop our results tracking process. The Business Operations Manager would work on key operational improvements and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization to build scalable processes and solutions. Finally, this person would own special projects focused on helping Ada on the most critical issues.
A person who is successful in this role is proactive, engaged and results oriented. Strong analytical skills are required as this person will help us understand critical insights of performance at Ada and how we leverage those insights to develop our overall strategy. The Business Operations Manager must be able to work collaboratively across a number of stakeholders, be ruthless at prioritization, and strong at zeroing in on the 20% of initiatives that will produce 80% of the value. This role requires a strong desire to learn, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to take on complex business challenges.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a related field (ideally management consulting, strategy & analytics or investment banking background).
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets.
- Math, finance and/or science background as this role requires analytical skills and comfort. Quantitative data analysis and modeling.
- Strong experience building and executing complex processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to executives.
- Strong ability to work with and collaborate cross-functionally with different team members, levels and skill sets.
- Strong business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- 80/20 mentality; does not try to do everything but be able to determine and focus on the most critical initiatives that drive the most value.
- Results oriented - motivated by driving outcomes.
- Working with the SVP Operations, develop our company wide OKRs and follow up the reporting process.
- Lead monthly Business Review meetings with leadership across Ada focused on aligning on performance, understanding and diagnosing key issues, and aligning on critical decisions.
- Experiment and scale with initiatives to improve business operations and efficiency across the company.
- Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes.
- Develop strategic analysis of critical issues for Ada.
- Own special projects focused on the most critical issues at Ada.
- Be the right hand to the SVP Operations in setting up and developing the Business Operations function at Ada.
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success—it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.