Senior Back End Developer (Remote Available)
Development – Chat Experience /
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 75 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As Senior Back End Developer on our Chat Experience team, you'll be tasked with building the future of our chat engine and building out a framework that quickly enables additional integrations for channels (where the chats happen) and hand-off integrations (where human escalation happens).
This is the core of our system that processes millions of messages every day. We're looking for someone who is passionate about building highly available and scalable cloud systems, with a demonstrated ability to design and operate distributed systems in production. You'll work closely with our ML team by integrating their amazing work into our core chat experience, making it available to customers.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as a Senior Back End Developer
- Profound understanding of distributed cloud systems architecture and relevant technologies
- Comfortable with the web stack (language and framework non-specific)
- Strong understanding of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and in-memory stores such as Redis
- Must have experience using APIs to build distributed cloud applications
- Lead back end architectural white-board sessions with the team.
- Execute on our ambitious ChatX product roadmap through the implementation of features.
- Provide expertise from past experiences to help level up our current development practices.
- Review the team’s code, provide insightful feedback, and teach everyone something new.
Ada is a rapidly growing company located at Spadina and Adelaide in Toronto, Canada’s thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.