Senior Product Designer, Workflows
Remote (Canada) /
Product Design – Workflows /
Ada was founded on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is home to many First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. We also acknowledge that Tkaronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaties signed with multiple Mississaugas and Chippewa bands.
Ada’s powerfully simple conversational AI platform helps the world’s most innovative enterprises scale and transform their customer experiences through automation. Since 2016, Ada has powered more than 4 billion automated interactions for brands like Meta, Verizon, AirAsia, and Square. Canadian-founded, Ada serves companies and their customers worldwide. For more information, check us out on ada.cx, Brands Talk podcast series, our blog, LinkedIn, Betakit, and BuiltIn.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our design team at Ada. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, this is an opportunity to do highly impactful work on a visionary product and make key contributions to our design team and processes.
Our Product Design team is a highly collaborative group that crafts simplified and intuitive solutions in a complex domain. Design is deeply important to our entire company, and we've had designers in key leadership roles, including at the executive level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company's DNA, and we're invested in making everything we produce meet those high standards of quality.
The Customer Support Application area of our product aims to create a simple, efficient, and flexible building experience that all our high profile clients use to create engaging brand experiences for their customers and make more effective business decisions. The Workflows team’s mission is to enable much of this, allowing enterprises to build powerful automations while minimizing complexity & time to value.
- Solid experience with the entire product design process, from problem discovery with research and data through to detailed interaction and visual design
- Experience designing solutions that enable complex interactions and flows across multiple screens or touchpoints
- A deliberate and methodical approach to problem solving, with an eye towards ensuring your decisions align with larger content and product frameworks
- Familiarity working within and designing for product ecosystems, rather than isolated features
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to clearly express ideas and give kind and effective feedback
- Strong cross-functional collaborative abilities and the desire to prioritize building trusting relationships
- Comfort working towards measurable outcomes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with complex technical constraints or directly with engineers on solutions
- An interest in language and conversational or voice-based design
- An interest in automation or in making human-computer interactions simple
- Experience working with AI or ML-based projects
- Own, along with your team, a large product area and translate vision, feedback, and ideas into high quality product designs
- Collaborate closely with other designers, developers, and product managers, as well as marketing, sales, and customer success team members
- Work with flexibility and autonomy to identify the most feasible design direction, process, and tools to use depending on project constraints and available data, while maintaining an eye on desired outcomes
- Design iteratively in the appropriate fidelity, from sketches to wireframes to high fidelity, to continually facilitate team alignment on design decisions
- Make decisions with awareness of common practices like user research techniques, job stories, agile methodologies, content strategy, prototyping, and experimentation
- Regularly participate in or lead feedback and ideation sessions to continuously improve our design practices, frameworks, products, and company
- Have a focus on taking initiative, constantly learning, and working in a sustainable way
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role. We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we cannot progress. At Ada, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.