Technical Consulting Team Lead
Adaptavist - Consult – PS Consultancy - Consult (EMEA) /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Adaptavist’s mission is to help organisations embrace the right tools, processes, and culture to make transformation their competitive advantage. And it all starts with you.
Working at Adaptavist is unlike any other job you’ve ever had. We trust you from day one. We encourage curiosity. We champion diversity. We’re never afraid to try something new.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that you can now fit work around your life, instead of trying to fit your life around work. You can even take as many holidays as you want. Yes, really!
As part of The Adaptavist Group, we make up a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. Offering trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing, we believe our unique and open culture underpins our status as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
As the Adaptavist Consult team, we form a core part of the Services Adaptavist offers. Our members are spread across the UK and Spain. We’re a blend of Atlassian specialists, DevOps and Software Engineers, Agile Coaches and Business Consultants. We offer a variety of Professional Services to a range of clients from different industries.
We’re constantly looking to evolve our services and striving to evolve and improve our client's tooling and processes. We pride ourselves on supporting each other, being technically strong, and giving our people the autonomy to solve problems creatively, their way. We always have the customer in mind and do what’s best for them.
Our remote-first culture means that you’re not required to come to an office and offers you flexibility to work around your life.
About the role
Do you want to lead a talented team of Consultants, and help us to deliver first-class technical solutions to clients across EMEA? Are you passionate about working with people and solving their problems with technology? Are you an expert with the Atlassian tools? If so, this role might be the perfect next step in your career journey.
Adaptavist’s Consult team is looking for a Consulting Team Lead who is hands-on both as a manager and as a Consultant. You’ll have experience working in a similar Services Provider to ourselves and be an expert in solving problems related to the Atlassian tools. Though you’re primarily a people manager, you’ll also be required to be billable for roughly a third of your time, as well helping out with Pre Sales, or jumping on engagements to develop your team.
What you'll be doing
- Line managing and leading a team of consultants with various levels of skills and seniority working across a variety of client engagements
- Communicating effectively in a variety of formats with both internal and external audiences to convey status, project findings, updates and recommendations as needed
- Supporting pre-sale activities and developing client proposals that align with their requirements
- Collaborating with internal and client team members regarding business issues and potential solutions and provide market insight
- Supporting and guiding direct reports on performance and career development in line with Adaptavist’s performance and career development frameworks
- Support operational aspects of team projects including planning engagements; resource management and monitoring against progress
- Controlling both the quality and schedule with regards to deliverables against scope
- Negotiating successfully to resolve individual team and conflicts
What we're looking for
- Experience delivering Atlassian or development focused technical solutions within a consultancy capacity
- Experience of installations, migrations for Atlassian, AWS, Microsoft, GitLab or Google applications and associated technologies
- Experience of being a line manager to other consultants
- Instances of how you’ve helped your team achieve their personal goals and clear examples of how you’ve influenced the growth and development of your team
- Bonus experience we’re keeping an eye out for: Atlassian, Gitlab, Azure, Gitlab or GCP Accreditations, experience working with an Atlassian Partner and experience managing remote teams across multiple time zones
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!