Solution Sales Executive
Business Services – Sales /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The Solution Sales Executive will play a key role in the Adaptavist Sales Process, and managing this end-to-end. This role will work with various teams across the business to define solutions for our clients, to guide the production of proposals which oversee our commercial approach and solution offering, as well as managing the client through the Adaptavist sales process.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Developing relationships with clients
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- Leading all contract negotiations and maximising new business development opportunities, seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with premier buyers
- Generating a pipeline of activity to support sales targets from leads generated both by the business and from your own activities
- Qualifying all suspects generated from lead generation activities using the current qualification methodology and document the process for each suspect within the Company's CRM system
- Organising meetings with prospective clients in conjunction with the appropriate internal stakeholders with the objective of understanding the client's requirements and securing a sale in line with any established sales processes
- Conducting presentations, preparing proposals as required as well as managing the negotiation process with a prospect ensuring that director level approval is secured for all deals
- Leading all contract negotiations with the prospect and liaising with Legal teams to ensure the contract meets Company requirements and is signed by both parties
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of technical consultancy - being able to work with a range of different software solutions to meet a customer’s needs
- Comfortable working collaboratively both face to face and through online tools such as Zoom, Slack, Skype, etc
- Experience of working in a pre-sales environment, as part of larger teams
- Has a highly developed skill set around solution selling
- A strong relationship builder establishes rapport with people easily and has effective active listening skillsHas the ability to understand a prospect's challenges and is able to work with internal stakeholders to create a solution that meets their needs
- Capable of being highly responsive where required, has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through
- An effective communicator (both verbally and in writing) who engages with clients and is a confident and credible presenter
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
A few nice to haves:
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Own, manage, orchestrate and execute a strategic sales plan for your territory
- Understanding of the specific needs within a sales process, around forecasting and opportunity progression
- Have an understanding of the products and services the company provides, the opportunities it has to grow its business and of the industry it operates in
- Have managed a complex software sales cycle from start to finish
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset, in particular Jira and Confluence or DevOps space is beneficial
- A good mix of both startup and 'big brand’ software company sales experience
- Able to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets - juggling multiple deals at once
- Proven experience of complex software sales to large corporations
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!