Remote (Spain) /
Services – Salenda /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
You will play a key role within the new Scriptrunner Service team to help us write Scriptrunner Groovy Scripts for Adaptavist's many clients.
Your core aim will be to help customers to integrate systems, automate processes, and achieve efficiencies using Scriptrunner. You will be participating in customer meetings to determine technical and functional requirements and be able to discuss options and explain trade-offs and constraints. The role will play an important role in pre-sales - understanding client problems, offering solutions, and providing estimates.
The role sits within the service division that covers all services for Scriptrunner on-premises and cloud products across multiple countries. The role involves collaborating with colleagues in services and related teams, developing good quality code, inputting to and reacting to customer requirements, and contributing to teams' agile ceremonies.
What you'll be doing
- Gather client requirements and translating them into solutions built with Groovy scripts.
- Writing Groovy scripts for all of our Scriptrunner products, but mostly Scriptrunner for Jira.
- Updating on-premise groovy scripts so they are cloud compatible.
- Juggle multiple complex projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Reviewing code written by other team members
What we're looking for
- Significant Groovy experience.
- Experience of working in agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- Strong communication skills
- Interested in learning new skills (with our unlimited access to Udemy courses) and knowledge sharing with colleagues (in the code review process)
- Good written and verbal English
A few nice to haves
- Experience using Scriptrunner
- Experience developing groovy scripts for Atlassian Tools.
- Developed apps in Atlassian ecosystem, including Atlassian APIs
- Git knowledge
- Experience using Atlassian products, e.g. Jira, Confluence, BitBucket or Bamboo
- Secure coding
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!