Senior Technical Consultant
Services – Professional Services - NA /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
This role can be performed fully remotely as long as you live in Canada or the United States.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will work in a team of technical experts who are assisting customers to make best use of the Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, Slack, etc.) to deliver value to their business or organization.
You will be helping customers to integrate systems, automate processes, and achieve efficiencies. This typically ranges from providing expert guidance and solution design to hands-on work with product setup, migrations, upgrades and performance tuning. You'll be confident in participating in customer workshops to determine technical and functional requirements and be able to discuss options and explain trade-offs and constraints. You will also play an important role in pre-sales - understanding client problems, offering solutions, providing estimates, and producing proposals.
We'll also be looking for you to guide junior consultants in their client work, sharing your expertise and offering advice on how best to approach complex scenarios. We'll also be looking for you to help shape the way we work here at Adaptavist. In your role, you'll have visibility into process blockers and inefficiencies, along with the expertise to identify potential solutions.
What you'll be doing
- Own the role of technical expert in how customers can get the most value out of the Atlassian toolset, including configuration, customization, performance optimization, and best practices
- Gather client requirements and conduct information-gathering workshops
- Provide thought leadership to client stakeholders in solving business and/or technical problems, including identifying pros, cons, and risks of potential solutions
- Guide customers through adopting changes to their current processes based on recommendations
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables, including engagement reports, systems design diagrams, runbooks, and training materials
- Actively lead project teams in delivering outcomes that meet client requirements and satisfy identified metrics for success
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the entire Professional Services team, with the aim of elevating the overall knowledge of the organization
- Coach and mentor junior consultants as they grow their skillsets, solve complex problems, and define their professional trajectories
- Meet with customers early in their Atlassian journey to understand their pain points and goals, with the aim of designing a solution that addresses both
- Deliver application demos to a variety of stakeholders for clients in various stages of product adoption
- Create estimates and proposals for customer delivery that outlines proposed solutions and effort estimates with detail and concision
- Juggle multiple complex projects and deliverables simultaneously
What we're looking for
- Experience with application, system, and server administration within the Atlassian toolset, particularly Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Cloud architecture and infrastructure as code
- Exceptional communication skills, including technical writing that is accessible to a general audience, presentations tailored for a variety of audiences, and regular status updates
- Commitment to continual growth and learning
- Comfortable working collaboratively, both face-to-face and through online tools such as Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Skype, etc.
- Personable, helpful, professional, kind, and honest attitude
- Top-notch time management and personal organizational skills
It's a bonus if you have any of the below
- Scripting skills with Groovy and/or Java
- Slack administration and/or development experience would be a bonus
- Experience mentoring and coaching
- Experience delivering training
- French fluency
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!