Remote (UK) /
Services – Professional Services - EMEA /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The Associate Consultant role will work on complex technical projects for a diverse range of clients, working with Atlassian products, installing, upgrading and migrating data for Jira and Confluence, working with client infrastructure and cloud services.
The role is part of the team, responsible for application installation, configuration and integration to meet customer needs. This position will support an individual by providing an opportunity to develop technical consultancy skills.
What you'll be doing
- Use knowledge of Atlassian products to gather and analyse requirements, research and present solutions to clients, and make suitable recommendations
- Communicate regularly with a range of stakeholders
- Participation in pre-sales, helping define scope and estimates for projects as well as helping in solution design
- Participation in internal knowledge-sharing and improvements
- Travel to client sites and working on site where necessary
- Installations, upgrades, migrations for Atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Custom Atlassian solution design and implementation e.g., workflow, plugins/scripts, configuration
- Scripting solutions with languages like Groovy and Python
- Web integration of Atlassian and other applications using Rest APIs
- System administration (Linux and Windows), particularly application servers
What we're looking for
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to present complex topics to mixed audiences
- Degree-level education and/or relevant work experience
- Keen interest in application and development of new technologies
- Basic experience with scripting or development (python, java, groovy)
- Excellent organizational, prioritisation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- An ability to problem-solve innovatively and creatively
- Team player and strong collaboration skills
A few nice to haves
- Experience communicating with external customers and stakeholders
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis
- Experience with system administration (e.g. Linux or Windows)
- Experience with Atlassian applications (e.g. Jira, Confluence, or Bitbucket) and associated technology areas (e.g. Slack, GitLab, or Jenkins)
- Experience with business process theory (e.g. software development methodologies, ITSM, or service design)
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth tech start-up environment
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!