Software Engineer - Cloud
Kuala Lumpur /
Product – Engineering /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will build and maintain the microservices that our product teams rely upon to build apps for Atlassian’s Cloud. Adaptavist build apps that help 20 million people around the world using the Atlassian tools make better software.
You’ll also contribute to engineering best practices within the team to guarantee the reliability and scalability of our microservices for the product teams using them. We practice continuous integration and delivery so you’ll be responsible for seeing new functionality through to our production environment with monitoring and metrics in place.
You’ll be required to work closely with our wider teams to support, investigate and resolve issues in production to maintain our service level guarantees.
What you'll be doing
- Build and maintain our microservices built in AWS that our Atlassian Cloud apps are built on
- Investigate and resolve issues in production for our shared services by working with other Cloud teams at Adaptavist
- Contribute to engineering best practices within the team to guarantee the reliability and scalability of our shared services for product teams
- Deliver new functionality all the way through, from design, implementation, testing, deploying and monitoring in production, whilst following continuous delivery practices
What we're looking for
- Back-end development experience is a must
- Experience working with Java or Node.js programming languages
- Can work effectively with people across time zones and be proactive about asking for help when required but can also work independently on tasks
- Experience with using CI/CD to deliver software
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience working with and building services in AWS (other cloud providers can be considered)
A few nice to haves
- Previous experience building and maintaining infrastructure in the Cloud using infrastructure as code
- Previous experience working within a small team
- Atlassian Ecosystem experience
- Experience building high-scale distributed systems
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!