Remote (UK) /
Product – Engineering /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
You will play a key role within the scriptrunner team to help us to evolve the front end and add functionality in the Scriptrunner products.
The role sits within the engineering division, working across 3 teams (currently 14 developers) that cover all Scriptrunner on-premises products. The role involves collaborating with colleagues in engineering and related teams, developing good quality code, inputting to and reacting to improvements via the pull-request process, and contributing to teams' agile ceremonies.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Evaluation of existing solutions, analysis and design of new developments, implementation, deployment, quality assurance, and supporting the support individual
- Propose improvements for applications, systems, and methodologies i.e Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up
- Facilitate communication with the rest of the team, including other developers, product managers, marketing team, documentation, QA, and support, to achieve the team and product objectives.
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Adaptavist
What we're looking for:
- Working on a large shared code base
- Good knowledge of build tools and CI tooling specific to web development
- Experience of working in agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- Strong communication skills
- Interested in learning new skills and knowledge sharing with colleagues
A few nice to haves:
- Full stack developer or front-end developer willing to do some back-end tasks
- Developed apps in Atlassian ecosystem, including Atlassian APIs
- Strong GIT knowledge
- Used Atlassian products, e.g. Jira, Confluence, BitBucket or Bamboo
- Secure coding
Benefits on offer:
- Unlimited annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Volunteering Days
- Flexible Working (Post Covid)
- Udemy - Online Learning Platform
- Adaptavist Rewards
- Annual subscription to Disney+
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!