Business Services – Platform /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
We're looking for a passionate engineer to drive our commerce platform to the next level. We're a small new and thriving team within Adaptavist that is building and shaping commerce platforms for our next stage in growth. This includes a store, licensing and payment platforms to facilitate online sales for SaaS software. With a deep focus on customer experience and serving our customer needs, building exciting slick software to serve our customers is our priority.
We're the leading provider of cloud and server plugins for the Atlassian marketplace. Building extensions for industry-standard development platforms such as Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence. We own ScriptRunner, the most downloaded plugin for Jira. The platforms our team is building now extend beyond the Atlassian platform and into other ecosystems. You'll be building beautiful frontend customer interfaces, platforms and tools to serve all areas of the business, working closely with the team and stakeholders.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Building and maintaining tools and services that deliver interfaces that our customers use every day.
- Architecting, planning and delivering new serverless applications to aid in commerce applications throughout the business.
- Writing lean efficient code with appropriate testing
- Contributing to the overall team engineering strategy
- Ensuring reliability, uptime and security of systems that drive our commerce platforms.
- Maintaining and advising on a Multi-Tenancy SaaS platform architecture
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of cloud environments such as AWS and related services
- Experience or understanding of micro-services and serverless functions
- Willingness to develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code
- Ability to develop and consume APIs in TypeScript and other languages
- Ability to work with relational and document databases
- Willingness to develop and maintain CI / CD pipelines
- Ability to write unit and integration testsUnderstanding of agile development processesAbility to recognise code smells and propose solutions
- Passionate about quality, willing to identify and drive improvements·
A few nice to haves:
- SaaS background / experience in running a SaaS Tool or Platform
- User Authentication Experience using Auth0
- Multi-Tenancy Cloud Platform Experience
- AWS lambda, fargate, SNS / SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway and S3
- Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Bamboo, BitBucket Pipelines, Docker etc
- ReactJS, Webpack
- Redux / Sagas
- HTML, CSS and front-end best practices
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!