Engineering Team Lead (Cloud)
Adaptavist - Business Services – Office of the CIO - Platforms /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
About the team
We’re a distributed-cross-functional engineering department who design, build and operate solutions for Adaptavist and its customers. The data engineering team is responsible for capturing data from push and pull based data sources and handling the consumption of the data. The team also manage other data platforms that ingest data in realtime and integrate with other systems that perform critical business functions enabling other areas of the business.
We are a big and diverse team of 25 people across global. All teams are exposed to infrastructure, platform, data and software engineering to deliver services.
About the role
This role is part of the Cloud Foundation Team, responsible for building and running a platform that empowers product teams to efficiently build and run highly scalable and secure products, significantly contributing to the revenue of Adaptavist's cloud apps.
The Engineering Team Lead will support, contribute to and lead engineering best practices to guarantee the reliability and scalability of this platform.
The lead will mentor, coach and use our career development framework to help individuals increase their impact and grow their careers.
This role will also help shape and define the broader engineering culture at Adaptavist alongside other team leads and engineering managers.
What you'll be doing
- Lead software development team following agile processes
- Practice a build, measure, learn mindset for the team to deliver the most value in the shortest time for customers and the business.
- Provide a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Ensure the team has the right tools, technology and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Deliver updates to key stakeholders
- Hiring and onboarding new team members
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying levels of experience
- Work with direct reports to agree on objectives and to create and support development plans
- Facilitate and enable collaboration
- Align the team with product and business priorities
- Own and drive new functionality from discovery, design, implementation, and testing to deployment and monitoring.
- Investigate problems, identify root causes, fix and document issues, and implement preventive measures by working closely with the consumers of these services.
- Analyse logs and metrics for performance and behaviour to identify and solve issues before they start impacting the platform.
What we're looking for
- Experience building on a cloud platform (ideally AWS)
- Good understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Good understanding of serverless and micro-services oriented architecture with extensible REST APIs.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Experience with using CI/CD to deliver software
- Experience leading and managing a software engineering team.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with Kubernetes and IaC (Terraform) is an added advantage
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!