Associate Service Desk Analyst
Kuala Lumpur /
Services – Managed Services /
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the team
You will be working in a brand new service desk team of 8 analysts within our APAC region (based in Malaysia) who are also incorporated into the current wider Managed Services global team of 38 members.
Our Atlassian managed services team handle the infrastructure of some of the world's biggest, most complex Atlassian environments.
With extensive experience in fixing and optimising Atlassian technology, our team is able to predict when issues might occur and spot problems fast—making sure they are fully fixed to prevent further issues.
This new team will be working on a shift pattern of 12 hours on a monthly rotation roster as all our Managed Services customers receive 24/7/365 support as a standard.
About the role
This Associate Service Desk Analyst role will provide 1st level of service support and resolution to existing and new Managed Services customers with their issues in relation to their Managed Services provided by Adaptavist.
The role will provide 1st line support and incident management to either resolve customer issues directly, or escalate the issue accordingly. Responsibilities will follow ticket lifecycle management from triage to debugging through to smoke testing and resolution in line with the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA).
This role will play a critical part in providing excellent service to our customers, ensuring that we resolve their issues quickly to ensure they remain customers with Adaptavist for the long term.
What you'll be doing
- Creating issue tickets and initial triage to identify problem issues/area
- Applying problem-solving analysis and techniques to resolve issues where appropriate
- Assigning the issue to an appropriate Systems Engineer based on the problem issue, skill set and resources available
- Acting as the main coordination point by providing clear communication and updates to the customer and key stakeholders within the team (systems engineers, Service Delivery Managers)
- Escalating to senior team members or external vendors when an incident becomes blocked to help resolve the issue
- Providing excellent customer service by responding to customer issues in a professional manner and keeping them informed of progress
- Owning assigned issues/incidents through the ticket lifecycle management covering
- Creating, maintaining and curating incident documentation to benefit both the customer and the team for retros and continuous team learning
- Supporting with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) collation and documentation
- Supporting with smoke testing to check the functionality of a solution prior to its release to customer production systems
What we're looking for
- Strong fluency in English is a must - both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot issues
- Confidence in collaborating with systems engineers and other team members
- Forensic attention to detail with a willingness to learn attitude
- Some experience with a global service desk tech background will be an added advantage
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!