Services – Professional Services - NA /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
This role can be performed fully remotely as long as you live in Canada or the United States.
As a Technical Consultant, you will work as part of a team assisting customers in making best use of the Atlassian product suite. You'll work to help them optimise Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and other related productivity technologies, such as Slack, in order to deliver value to their business or organisation.
You'll work directly with your customers to integrate systems, automate processes, and achieve efficiencies. This typically ranges from providing expert guidance and solution design to hands-on work with product setup, migrations, upgrades and performance tuning. Playing a key part in pre-sales, you'll be offering solutions, providing estimates and producing proposals.
The position will naturally involve maintaining and improving your knowledge of the Atlassian product suite, related technologies, and other collaborative tools such as Slack.
What you'll be doing
- Using your knowledge of Atlassian products to gather and analyse requirements, research and present solutions to clients, and make suitable recommendations
- Communicate regularly with a range of stakeholders
- Participate in pre-sales, helping define scope and estimates for projects as well as helping in solution design
- Promote internal knowledge-sharing and improvements
- Travel to client sites and working on site where necessary (in a post-pandemic world)
- Installations, upgrades, migrations for Atlassian applications and associated technologies
- Custom Atlassian solution design and implementation e.g., workflow, plugins/scripts, configuration
- Scripting solutions with languages like Groovy and Python
- Database administration and querying
- Web integration of Atlassian and other applications using Rest APIs
- System administration (Linux and Windows), particularly application servers
What we're looking for from you
- Well-versed in technical consulting, software development, and the Atlassian toolset
- Comfortable scripting with a language like Groovy or Python
- A record of system administration (e.g. Linux and Windows) and database administration
- Experienced in presenting solutions to customers based on provided requirements
- Capable and used to writing and contributing to technical reports
- An innovative and creative thinker
- A team player with strong collaboration skills
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!