Software Support Team Lead - Night Shift
Kuala Lumpur /
Product – Product Support /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role:
We're looking for someone to undertake the role of Software Support Team Lead for Adaptavist's product team. This position will be a night shift position and will cover the hours of 7pm-3am, Monday-Friday.
A group of our products are more accurately described as a platform to allow customers to write their own functionality using the Groovy scripting language, so a basic understanding of Java or Groovy, (or writing code in general) is essential to this role.
You will be responsible for guiding our customers through complex scripting workflows, enabling our customers to evaluate our products and quickly understand and desire them and also understand how it will help their business.
The team is at the forefront of development, often pushing the boundaries of what is possible and experimenting with techniques and technologies.
We value autonomy, mastery, practice, doing the right thing, paying down technical debt. We are growing the support team to keep up with the rapid pace of Adaptavist customers, (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal and supporting that in all ways possible.
Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we’re pretty sure you’ll be excited about coming to Adaptavist every day to do this job and to work on our team.
Some of the things you’ll do
- Managing others to ensure their work contributes to organisational goals. Developing individuals, building teams, resolving conflicts, and applying workplace policies.
- Helps own support team and collaborate with other teams across Adaptavist’s products and services through designing, developing and deploying software solutions
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in the product team leading and representing the technical support needs of the product in line with the wider company product strategy
- Introduces new technology ideas and workarounds to the support team.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in writing code
- Experience in as a Team Lead/Manager in a similar team
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood in text and pictures
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
A few nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science (or equivalent) experience,
- Previous experience as a Groovy (or Java) coder
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) processes and Atlassian tools
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!