Senior Full Stack Developer
ScriptRunner – Product Development - Product Engineering /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
ScriptRunner is an Add-on that helps solve the challenges that users face every day within the Atlassian Ecosystem. It automates bulk actions, creates scripted fields, and helps develop distinct workflows. It makes team collaboration easy by ensuring that the work they do is visible across all the teams.
About the role
This role will involve designing, building and supporting one of our flagship products, ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.
The Senior developer will contribute and lead engineering best practices within the team to guarantee the reliability and scalability of our product. They will also be responsible for driving technical discussion and design sessions within the team. As a Senior Developer they’ll act as a mentor for other engineers within the team to perform code reviews, discuss designs and work together on technical problems.
They will also be required to work closely with product teams to discover requirements for future initiatives and support, investigate and resolve issues in production to maintain our service level guarantees to product teams.
What you'll be doing
- Design, build and support our services and infrastructure that runs on AWS
- Investigate and resolve issues in production for our shared services in a timely manner by working closely with other Cloud teams at Adaptavist and following our incident management process
- Lead and regularly contribute to the team’s engineering best practices to ensure we guarantee availability and scalability of our product
- Own and drive new functionality all the way through, from discovery, design, implementation, testing, deploying and monitoring in production, whilst following continuous delivery practices
- Participate in the team’s Scrum events
- Act as a mentor to other engineers within the team to perform code reviews, collaborate on technical designs and problems
- Work with other engineering teams at Adaptavist to see how we reuse technical solutions or approaches across teams
- Research and introduce new approaches or technologies into the team where appropriate
What we're looking for
- Strong full stack development experience in a microservice or serverless architecture
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Can work independently to own and implement technical solutions but also collaborate with others
- Can demonstrate technical problems clearly and succinctly with other engineers and discuss solutions collaboratively
- Can debug production issues independently to reach a resolution effectively
- Able to work autonomously and remotely
- Can work effectively with people across time zones and be very proactive in communicating with the team when necessary
- Understands common problems in working with distributed systems and how you can design them
- Experience with using CI/CD to deliver software
- Experience working in a small Agile team
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!