Strategic Sales Manager (APAC)
Adaptavist - Business Services – Business Development - New Logo Sales (APAC) /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
About the role
The Strategic Sales Executive will play a key role in the Adaptavist Sales Process, and managing this end-to-end. This role will work with various teams across the business to define solutions for our clients, to guide the production of proposals which oversee our commercial approach and solution offering, as well as managing the client through the Adaptavist Sales Process.
The role of Strategic Sales Executive will engage with potential Enterprise clients to understand their primary needs, drivers develop and execute enterprise account strategy aligned with the customers business goals, generating and developing business growth opportunities, identifying appropriate Adaptavist resources, services and products to resolve them.
What you'll do
Communication, Networking, Impact and Influence
- Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Handles difficult on-the-spot questions (e.g., from senior executives, public officials, interest groups, or the media).
- Secures support for ideas or initiatives through high-impact communication to overcome resistance.
- Establishing, sustaining and fostering professional contacts to build, enhance and connect networks for work purposes.
- Creates opportunities to initiate new connections (including partnerships) that will facilitate the achievement of strategic goals.
- Evaluate the current network for effectiveness, sufficiency/inclusivity and relevance to achieving Adaptavist’s strategic objectives.
Client Focus, Consultative Selling Process, Customer Relationship Management and Negotiation
- Identifies and develops business opportunities within assigned territory of Mid Market high growth and Enterprise Accounts
- Manages individual sales funnel and archives individual Sales targets
- Addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs.
- Enhances client service delivery systems and processes.
- Seeks to resolve different perspectives or matters of dispute by discovering shared interests and finding mutually acceptable solutions.
- Adjusts strategies in negotiations, recognising when to compromise and when to seek a fresh perspective.
- Manages own emotions when dealing with irrational counterparts or challenging relationships, taking a constructive approach that focuses on solutions.
- Reaches mutually acceptable solutions in complex, formal negotiations (e.g. negotiates highly complex, multi-year contracts; negotiates/mediates in situations where the positions of the parties are ambiguous or keep shifting).
- Understanding Adaptavist products and services and how they integrate with and improve Atlassian products.
- Matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the customer.
- Describes how Adaptavist's products/services can create a competitive advantage for the customer's business.
- Uses knowledge of alternative products/services to enable upselling.
- Reviews Adaptavist products/service offerings on a continual basis in order to ensure quality.
What we're looking for
- Experience in technical consultancy - being able to work with a range of different software solutions to meet a customer’s needs.
- Proven sales success within a consultative B2B sales with a focus on winning net new Enterprise customers, including influencing and negotiating with C-suite executives
- Comfortable working collaboratively both face-to-face and through online tools such as Zoom, Slack, Skype, etc.
- Has highly developed skills around solution selling and experience of working in a pre-sales environment, as part of larger teams
- A strong relationship builder who establishes rapport with people easily and has strong communication skills with the ability to present effectively
- Can understand a prospect's challenges and can work with internal stakeholders to create a solution that meets their needs
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- Experience in leading on expanding into new territories, and being able to manage a level of strategic planning and autonomy around this working with a remote business support team.
- Understands of the specific needs within a Sales Process, around forecasting and opportunity progression with the ability to own, manage, orchestrate and execute strategic account plans for assigned Enterprise accounts.
- Have managed a complex software sales cycle from start to finish.
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!