Assistant Finance Manager
Business Services – Finance /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
We’re looking for a strong, people focussed Assistant Finance Manager to join our fast paced finance team in London.
Reporting directly into our Financial Controller, we’re looking for someone who can help manage the day to day financial tasks inclusive of accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR), support with implementation of the financial strategy, help create financial processes and procedures and to provide management of the team.
We're looking for an experienced team leader who’s passionate about developing the AP and AR teams within the finance department. You'll be someone who takes pride in building and developing individuals through methods such as coaching and mentoring and enjoys setting and achieving goals.
We’re also looking for someone who can focus on monitoring and managing the day-to-day financial operations and ensuring the timely completion of monthly financial statements and a full set of management accounts. You’ll be keen on the details and will ensure that this is delivered on time.
Adaptavist is a hyper growth scale up organisation, and the finance team has a global reach, with 20 corporate entities operating in countries including; UK, EU, Canada, USA, Spain, Malaysia, Estonia, Germany, Hong Kong. You'll play a key active role in the business that will involve contributing towards the improvement of systems and processes, ensuring tax and legal compliance in each of the regions in which Adaptavist operates, and strong collaboration across various functions and departments within the company to achieve company objectives and strategy. This is a really exciting opportunity to expand your skills and learn about a range of different countries and how they operate, financially.
Some of the things you’ll do
- Effective working capital management and cashflow forecasting and monitoring
- Create or participate in internal and external audit programs
- Maintain all statutory filings for the organisation, manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax feelings
- Supervise accounts payable function: supplier onboarding, credit card processing, processing invoices, expenses, payment approval
- Supervise accounts receivable function, client onboarding, processing invoices, revenue reconciliation, credit control
- Ensures that month-end is correct and completed on time in accordance with meeting tax and compliance requirements globally (profit and loss, balance sheet) and preparing presentation on month-end (reporting and analysis)
Process Improvement and Infrastructure implementation
- Support with the creation and implementation of the finance strategy
- Design, implement, monitor and improve period end closing processes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Driving continuous improvement and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Build and develop a high performing finance team with direct line management within main finance functions
- Mentor, coach and develop the team to be the best they can be
- Work with HR to build learning and development pathways for each team member
What we're looking for:
- People focus and people management experience
- Financial management experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Qualified accountant ACA, CIMA, or ACCA equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail to create reports, forecasts and budgets
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skillsAn ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Drive and aptitude to manage a broad range of responsibilitiesForensic attention to detail
- Willingness to learnInternational work experience
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to go the extra mile
A few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Audit experience
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!