Services – Consult /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The Associate Consultant will work as part of the professional services team, based in the UK, assisting customers in making best use of the Atlassian product suite (including the industry-leading Jira and Confluence tools) in order to deliver value to their organisation.
You’ll receive training on all things Atlassian. We’ll teach you to design and develop solutions, follow industry standards and methodologies, troubleshoot problems, and give you all tools to advise our clients to a high level.
By joining our professional services team, this role will work on complex technical projects for a diverse range of clients, working with Atlassian products, installing, upgrading and migrating data for Jira and Confluence and working with client infrastructure and cloud services.
The role is perfect for those with some background in technology that wish to embark on a career in technical consultancy, but don’t already have expertise in the Atlassian products.
You will need to be based in the UK for this position, we are currently not accepting applications from outside of the UK.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Using Atlasssian products gather and analyse requirements.
- Communicating with a range of stakeholders
- Participating in pre-sales, helping define scope and estimates for projects as well as helping in solution design
- Participating in internal knowledge-sharing and improvements
- Travel to client sites and working on site where necessary
- Installations, upgrades, migrations for Atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Custom Atlassian solution design and implementation e.g., workflow, plugins/scripts, configuration
- Scripting solutions with languages like Groovy and Python
- Web integration of Atlassian and other applications using Rest APIs
- System administration (Linux and Windows), particularly application servers
What we’re looking for:
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Ability to present complex topics to mixed audiences
- Keen interest in application and development new technologies
- Basic experience with scripting or development (python, java or groovy)
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to problem-solve innovatively and creatively
- Team player and strong collaboration skills
A few nice to haves:
- Experience communicating with external customers and stakeholders
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis
- Experience with system administration (e.g. Linux or Windows)
- Experience with Atlassian applications (e.g. Jira, Confluence, or Bitbucket) and associated technology areas (e.g. Slack, GitLab, or Jenkins)
- Experience with business process theory (e.g. software development methodologies, ITSM, or service design)
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth tech start-up environment
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!