Kuala Lumpur /
Services – Managed Services /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
The Application Administrator will work with our customers (including more than half of the Fortune 500) to help them get the most out of their Atlassian software, including configuring and customising key Atlassian Software applications (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk), as well as other Atlassian applications and marketplace software. As part of our clients' partially outsourced teams, you will assist their businesses acting as a remote administrator on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate will be working with customers to respond to requests on a priority basis in a timely fashion to configure their Atlassian software to meet their needs. You will be directly helping customers to automate processes to improve efficiencies and streamline processes. You will perform as a remote outsourced Atlassian administrator for various clients at the same time.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Train in the Atlassian applications and Adaptavist tools, processes, and best practices
- Onboard and become familiar with customer application servers
- Monitor and respond to customer requests on the Adaptavist service desk
- Answer customer questions about how to best use the Atlassian applications in their business
- Create projects, configure permissions and workflows and other solutions at the request of the customer
- Work on multiple administrative activities according to agreed upon customer priorities
- Communicate with the customer and other team members to understand and deliver configuration solutions
- Solve issues and provide best practice recommendations to the customer
- Record your work and time
- Follow security protocols that the customer may establish
What we’re looking for:
- Experience administering the Atlassian toolset, in particular, Jira and Confluence
- Ability to demonstrable experience in consulting and user support
- Experience customizing Atlassian software through the use of workflows and add-ons, for example ScriptRunner
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a virtual face-to-face environment through online tools (e.g. WebEx, Zoom, Slack, Skype, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Personable, helpful and professional attitude
What’s nice to have:
- Knowledge of the build process – Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience in using GitLab or Sonatype software
- Any knowledge of Linux or databases
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!