Strategic Sales Manager
Business Services – Sales /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The Strategic Sales Manager will play a key role in the Adaptavist Sales Process, and managing this end-to-end. This role will work with various teams across the business to define solutions for our clients, to guide the production of proposals which oversee our commercial approach and solution offering, as well as managing the client through the Adaptavist Sales Process. The role of Strategic Sales Manager will engage with potential clients to understand their primary needs, drivers and identify appropriate Adaptavist resources, services and products to resolve them.
We are looking for a driven and passionate sales person who has experience in winning complex sales deals within consultancy. You will thrive at building exceptional relationships with prospects as well as internal stakeholders. You will have the ability to prioritise your pipeline so you are able to focus on the right opportunities at the right time. Having the ability to forecast effectively is something you will be good at too.
Some of the things you’ll do
Communication, Networking, Impact and Influence
- Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Communicates complex issues with widely varied audiences, in a clear and credible manner.
- Handles difficult on-the-spot questions (e.g., from senior executives, public officials, interest groups, or the media).
- Secures support for ideas or initiatives through high-impact communication in order to overcome resistance.
- Establishing, sustaining and fostering professional contacts to build, enhance and connect networks for work purposes.
- Expands own network to meet strategic goals.
- Creates opportunities to initiate new connections (including partnerships) that will facilitate the achievement of strategic goals.
- Evaluates current network for effectiveness, sufficiency/inclusivity and relevance to achieving Adaptavist’s strategic objectives.
- Leverages contacts to expand each other’s networks.
Client Focus, Consultative Selling Process, Customer Relationship Management and Negotiation
- Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
- Looks for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests.
- Addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs.
- Enhances client service delivery systems and processes.
- Anticipates clients' upcoming needs and concerns.
- Seeking to resolve different perspectives or matters of dispute by discovering shared interests and finding mutually acceptable solutions.
- Identifies opportunities in complex, challenging situations while maintaining a broad perspective.
- Adjusts strategies in negotiations, recognizing when to compromise and when to seek a fresh perspective.
- Manages own emotions when dealing with irrational counter-parties or challenging relationships, taking a constructive approach that focuses on solutions.
- Reaches mutually acceptable solutions in complex, formal negotiations (e.g. negotiates highly complex, multi-year contracts; negotiates/mediates in situations where the positions of the parties are ambiguous or keep shifting).
- Uses a wide range of negotiation strategies and tactics as the situation unfolds
- Understanding Adaptavist products and services and how they integrate with and improve Atlassian products.
- Matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the customer.
- Describes how Adaptavist's products/services can create a competitive advantage for the customer's business.
- Uses knowledge of alternative products/services to enable upselling.
- Reviews Adaptavist products/service offerings on a continual basis in order to ensure quality.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in technical consultancy - being able to work with a range of different software to meet a customer’s needs.
- Comfortable working collaboratively both face to face and through online tools such as Zoom, Slack, Skype, etc.
- Has a highly developed skillset around solution selling and experience of working in a pre-sales environment, as part of larger teams
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong relationship builder who establishes rapport with people easily and has strong communication skills with the ability to present effectively
- Has the ability to understand a prospect's challenges and is able to work with internal stakeholders to create a solution that meets their needs
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
A few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Understanding of the specific needs within a Sales Process, around forecasting and opportunity progression with the ability to own, manage, orchestrate and execute a strategic sales plan for your territory.
- Have an understanding of the products and services the company provides, the opportunities it has to grow its business and of the industry it operates in.
- Have managed a complex software sales cycle from start to finish.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset, in particular, Jira and Confluence is beneficial.
- A good mix of both startup and 'big brand’ software company sales experience
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets - juggling multiple deals at once
- Proven experience in complex software sales to large corporations.
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!