Software User Researcher
Seville, Andalusia, Spain /
Product – UX /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The User Researcher position will be a key part of a new cross-functional team that will re-imagine a number of existing Adaptavist apps to accelerate growth as well as delivering new apps to market.
Working in an agile project fashion, as a team this role will explore the opportunities and value propositions of each app to deliver either enhanced functionality or completely new versions to re-launch to the market. In future, this position will apply the same principles to the next generation of apps from Adaptavist or to accelerate improvements to existing apps.
The User Researcher will be responsible for championing customer centric design and influencing the research gathering insights to drive product development focussed on customer needs. The position will demonstrate the value of UX research to teams and lead them through the key stages of the UX research process from discovery through to delivery and ongoing feedback, using the appropriate research methods and tools to drive high quality and consistent inputs into the innovation and proposition development process.
What you'll be doing
- Champion UX and research by evangelising the benefits and demonstrating its power through practical application.
- Implement knowledge and expertise in UX Research, along with our robust approaches, to deliver high quality and consistent outputs.
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’, ensuring that decisions are made with the user and user success in mind.
- Work with the wider UX Teams to create and maintain a central knowledge base of our customers so that the value of the research conducted is optimised, and create appropriate content in order to scale up user understanding across Adaptavist..
- Develop and evolve the understanding of our customers by conducting qualitative and quantitative research across the various stages of Customer Centric Design process.
- Deliver insightful analysis of our customers and their needs which leads to commercially viable opportunities.
- Communicate the understanding of the customer and their needs in a way that engages and resonates across all the functions in the team, and ensures that successful customer outcomes are at the forefront of decision making.
Become the expert on our customers and their needs
What we're looking for
- A research practitioner, either in UX or with a deep understanding of using customer centric research in innovation or new proposition development
- Demonstrable experience working in cross functional teams and helping them understand ‘what good’ research looks like
- Experience managing and influencing key stakeholders, in particular UX designers, Marketing, Engineering and Product Management teams
- Ability to inspire teams to deliver research inputs to the required standards (e.g. stimulus, prototypes etc)
- Experience and comfortable with shaping, planning and managing multiple research programs
- Ability to recruit participants, in particular in hard to reach audiences
- Experience moderating research sessions and creating quantitative studies that achieve the research objectives
- Strong capabilities to identify Adaptavists research needs and turn these into effective research programs
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- A willingness to learn
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to go the extra mile
A few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Experience working with SAAS products
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- A member of the Market Research Society (or country equivalent)
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!