Instructional Multimedia Designer
Product – Adaptavist Education /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
This role centres on the production of branded, public-facing visual training content on a variety of software products. It will involve working with instructional designers to turn written training materials into animated lectures, software demos, and interactive training modules for delivery through a variety of platforms including Adaptavist’s own training app, Learn for Jira.
The ability to understand the varying needs of learners through participation in and understanding of research will be key, as will recognition of the importance of learner outcomes and the employment of different techniques and tools to meet those outcomes through visual content production.
The successful candidate will be able to adapt to a changing environment, will be quick to learn new tools and new software subject matter, and will thrive in a collaborative, trust-based team and company to turn software concepts into visually engaging, educationally aware, and on-brand video and interactive training.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Visual Content Production
- Adult Education
- Contribution to Process
Producing and editing video lecture and software demo content
Editing and animating existing brand assets
Recording high-quality voice overs for video lectures
Producing graphical assets to brand specifications when needed
Participating in user and product research
Working to learner outcomes in an ADDIE framework
Applying adult learning techniques to visual content production
Contributing to and aiding in documenting an agile team’s continuous process improvement
What we're looking for:
- Willingness to learn and an ability to adopt new tools quickly
- Experience using vector editing software
- Ability to use video editing software
- Self-starting approach
- Willingness to work in an agile environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Interest in helping and inspiring colleagues
A few nice to haves:
- Experience with Sketch, Illustrator, Camtasia, Premier, or After Effects
- Experience using a content authoring tool, particularly Adobe Captivate
- Teaching, mentoring, or training experience
- Experience using audio editing software
- Experience in producing visual teaching/training materials
- Ability to work on a remote team using Slack and other communication tools
- Experience using Atlassian Jira as an end user
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!