Strategic Sales Executive
Adaptavist - Business Services – Business Development - New Logo Sales /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our benefits in the USA include:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 401k, Adaptavist matches up to 4%
- Healthcare through Trinet including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Flexible working
- Udemy online learning
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteer days
- Free online streaming service subscription
About the role
As a Strategic Sales Executive, you will play a key role in the Adaptavist Sales Process, and manage this end-to-end. This role will work with various teams across the business to define solutions for our clients, to guide the production of proposals which oversee our commercial approach and solution offering, as well as managing the client through the Adaptavist Sales Process.
You will focus on building and expanding a new territory, engaging with potential clients to understand their primary needs and drivers, and identify appropriate Adaptavist resources, services and products to resolve them.
What you'll be doing
- Strong Communication Skills: Effectively listening and communicating openly and respectfully with different audiences, and articulating complex issues clearly and credibly
- Relationship Building: Establishing and fostering professional contacts to build, enhance, and connect networks for work purposes, including expanding personal networks to meet strategic goals
- Overcoming Resistance: Securing support for ideas or initiatives through high-impact communication and offering solutions to handle objections, effectively lowering resistance. Handles difficult on-the-spot questions (e.g., from senior executives, public officials, interest groups, or the media).
- Business Development: Building and expanding a new territory of Mid Market high growth and Enterprise Accounts, managing individual sales funnel, and achieving sales targets
- Sales Management: Once the territory has been grown sufficiently, you will be a Player Coach, whereby you will also be managing a small sales team and have responsibility for the team quota
- Client Service Excellence: Providing exceptional service to internal and/or external clients by addressing identified and unidentified client needs, enhancing service delivery systems, and anticipating upcoming needs and concern
- Negotiation Skills: Resolving different perspectives or disputes by discovering shared interests and finding mutually acceptable solutions, using a wide range of negotiation strategies and tactics. Managing emotions constructively and adjusting strategies when necessary
- Product and Market Knowledge: Understanding Adaptavist products and services and how they integrate with and improve Atlassian products, as well as matching Adaptavist offerings to the implicit needs of the customer and being able to describe how these can create a competitive advantage for the customers’ business. Constantly reviewing and ensuring the quality of product/service offerings
What we're looking for
- Experience in technical consultancy - being able to work with a range of different software solutions to meet a customer’s needs
- Proven sales success within mid-market consultative B2B SAAS and services sales with a focus on winning net new customers, including influencing and negotiating with C-suite executives.
- Has a highly developed skillset around solution selling and experience working in a pre-sales environment, as part of larger teams
- A strong relationship builder who establishes rapport with people easily and has strong communication skills with the ability to present effectively
- Has the ability to understand a prospect's challenges and is able to work with internal stakeholders to create a solution that meets their needs
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- Experience in net new customer sales, and being able to manage a level of autonomy around this working with a remote business support team
- Understanding of the specific needs within a Sales Process, around forecasting and opportunity progression with the ability to own, manage, orchestrate and execute account plans for assigned accounts
- Have managed a complex software sales cycle from start to finish, and experience juggling multiple deals
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!