Product – Engineering - ScriptRunner Apps (Server and DC) /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
You will play a key role within the Scriptrunner team to help us to evolve the frontend and add functionality in the Scriptrunner products.
The role sits within the engineering division, working across 3 teams (currently 14 developers) that cover all Scriptrunner on-premises products across multiple countries. The role involves collaborating with colleagues in engineering and related teams, developing good quality code, inputting to and reacting to improvements via the pull-request process, and contributing to teams' agile ceremonies.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Implementing new UI components across multiple Atlassian products supported by ScriptRunner
- Writing unit and browser tests to verify your code correctness and ensure ScriptRunner quality
- Improving code quality by refactoring existing code and usage of latest libraries and patterns
- Working with UI/UX team on future improvements to ScriptRunner administration UI
- Reviewing code written by other team members
What we're looking for:
- React & Redux
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Working on a large shared code base
- Good knowledge of build tools and CI tooling specific to web development
- Experience of working in agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- Strong communication skills
- Interested in learning new skills (with our unlimited access to Udemy courses) and knowledge sharing with colleagues (in the code review process)
A few nice to haves:
- Full stack developer or front-end developer willing to do some back-end tasks
- Developed apps in Atlassian ecosystem, including Atlassian APIs
- Git knowledge
- Used Atlassian products, e.g. Jira, Confluence, BitBucket or Bamboo
- Secure coding
Benefits on offer:
- Unlimited annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Volunteering Days
- Flexible Working (Post Covid)
- Udemy - Online Learning Platform
- Adaptavist Rewards
- Annual subscription to Disney+
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!