Senior Project Manager
Remote (UK) /
Services – Brew Digital /
Working at Brew
We are not your average team. We like to play to both strengths and passions, ensuring that everyone has the chance to create work that they love and can be confident in the value they are adding. Projects range in size and scope from creating a social banner to building an entire website. We actively avoid rolling out the same solutions, again and again, preferring to look for every opportunity to innovate. This means that we need to be highly collaborative to make sure we leverage the best creative ideas.
As you can imagine, maintaining a high level of expertise across strategy, design, development, excellence, and accountability requires a team that fully embraces working together. This is why our culture is so important to us - it defines our approach to everything and is the reason our clients keep coming back to us.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team here at Brew. The role will report into the Brew Project Management team and also work within the wider Adaptavist Project Management community. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple client engagements, ensuring that these are delivered to the customer’s expectations, on time and within budget. You will also assist with account management and the other Project Managers within the team.
The Senior Project Manager will serve as the main point of contact in the client relationship for ongoing project work, to develop, maintain and grow those relationships. The role will be responsible for tracking project progress, providing client and internal reports, managing risks and issues ensuring the team is being used effectively.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for a series of projects or complete programme of work, potentially spanning months
- Managing costs and profitability for large projects/programmes
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve project plans and practises to senior management
- Lead and manage multi-disciplined teams
- Lead and mentor other Project Managers in the team
- Identifies and manages resources to ensure work is delivered to agreed standards of quality, time and cost
- Ensuring high quality estimates
- Project tracking and reporting
- Dealing with conflicting demands on the team
- Be the main point of contact with the client
- Prepare Statements of Work (SOWs) and contracts
- Ensure the client is receiving high quality work according to the agreed specification
- Provide regular progress reports, negotiate commercial aspects and ensuring invoicing is accurate
What we're looking for
- Self-motivated with a proven track record of successfully managing IT projects of varying sizes
- Confident in customer management and ability to influence others
- Able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong commercial understanding and numeracy
- Good understanding of Project Management and Software Engineering methodologies, e.g. Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, SAFe), Waterfall, PRINCE2, etc.
- Ability to combine attention to detail, with understanding of “big picture” and trade-offs
- Comfortable in dynamic technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Strong communication skills, specifically in a strategic planning capacity
A few nice to haves
- Experience utilising Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Comfortable working with remote teams utilising collaboration tools (e.g. Zoom, Slack, Skype, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and practices
- Project Management related certification, PRINCE2, PMM, Scrum, etc.
- Enthusiasm for new technology and using it for problem solving and process improvement
- Experience of working in matrix environments with multiple stakeholders
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Brew an Adaptavist company, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!